+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chiefsgirl we are going to Treachery camp at Seal Rocks. We love unpowered camping near beaches and lakes. We do stick to places with amenity blocks as we're not self sufficient in the shower & loo dept yet.

Yes you can go back to work after the endo scratch. I recommend taking 2 naprogesic or nurofen 1hr before the procedure. The scratching itself was painless for me, it was the fatso catheter that hurt!

I've had implantation happen only twice in 7 cycles and both were immediately following a scratch- so it definitely makes a difference. I like to call it fluffing up the cushions!

It really irks me to hear FS say no when you bring new ideas to the table. I ditched my first FS who did that to me. I hope you're happy to go along with the new plan and that it brings you your BFP xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson-I surely did!! Hehe and it's a PITA only posting from my phone-but it's the only chance I get really 😱 the idea of camping sounds great, I am just absolutely PETRIFIED of spiders, and when I think of camping-I think of spiders & it's a no go for me!! I'm sure I'll have to get over it, at least with 3 men in the house one of them will kill it for me!! I hope!! Have a fantastic trip!!!!

Chiefsgirl-never had a scratch, but I see Simpson answered your questions anyways!! It's a shame FS won't try the things you suggested, did they at least give you reasons!? I really hope you're celebrating your 40th sober because you'll be UTD!! Have an awesome weekend in NZ! Slightly jealous!! Hehe

Hope everyone else reading has a beautiful weekend. Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks simpsondesert and TTHC. I think i'll def take the pain killers beforehand!

While I was peeved at the FS for saying no, she did say yes to some of the things I was asking for and did give ,me reasons for no, mainly that she didn't want to throw so many different things into the mix all at once and some things she felt wouldn't help my situation.

I had said to DH that if this cycle didn't work I would look at a second opinion just to see.

OMG, my inlaws have been so wonderful, doing lots of gluten free baking for me and buying me special bread, I didn't have the hear t to tell them I'm dieting so not eating sweets, besides the GF brownie was to die for! I'll have to run around the back yard with the nephews tmw to work it off!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl, sorry to hear about the BFN Glad to hear you've got a way forward for your next cycle. How wonderful of your I/L's to be giving you extra special care!

Peonies, hope your sciatic pain eases soon.

TTHC and Simpson Desert, thanks for thinking of me. I had EPU just after the long weekend, had 20 eggs retrieved, 19 mature, 12 normal ferts, with 3 freezer grade blasties for biopsy. This cycle was much more painful for me both before and after EPU, with a much longer recovery time than previously (first cycle using elonva). I'm expecting to have to do at least 1 more cycle so am going back to see my FS, and will ask to go back to Puregon/Gonal F.

Hello to everyone else. hope you have a great weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone I have been away for sooo long I hope you don't mind me popping back in. I have not read all the posts on this one but have read some great news for a lot of you. Congrats Simpson and Crofty. I hope all is well. Congrats to everyone else and best wishes to those just starting their cycles. I did have my transfer with donor embryo but alas it was destined not to be. So it is the end of the journey for me unless I find another donor. I did however find a compounding chemist in the Penrith area if anyone needs one. Also I have quite a bundle of 400 mg Progesterone pessaries which I purchased from said chemist. If anyone is interested in buying them let me know. Only made up on Monday 21st

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wish I'm so sorry to hear. It's just so effing hard isn't it!! We were trying to decide if we would do just one more cycle and after reading a few ladies posts I decided to get another opinion... This is my 3rd FS!

I called the Ivf office and requested all of my blood tests and guess what it seems (from my limited research on google) that I have high nk cells 14.2% and heterozygous mthfr a1298c of which he never mentioned! Not happy jan. Hopefully Dr M has some ideas I'm just so over having to do doctors jobs for them....

I will be praying for u wish xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

wishing4  (30-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi nat tie, have you seen dr m? Has he suggested anything new?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Hi nat tie, have you seen dr m? Has he suggested anything new?
    I'm booked for end of nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, that's such a long wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie- I got your PM but I couldn't reply because your inbox is full. So I'll answer you here . I'm thrilled you've booked in with Dr M. The MTHFR and NKC are both easily treatable, so I'd be happy there's an explanation and something else you can try! Dr M is extremely switched on and if immune issues are at fault, he'll get you pregnant for sure.

He did LOTS different for me:
    1) Started dexamethasone 6 weeks prior to transfer- never had this before.
    2) Switched to prednisolone 3 weeks prior to transfer (have had this before, but only for the TWW)
    3) Intralipid infusion 5-10 days before transfer- never had this before.
    4) Started Doxycycline on ovulation day, continued until 9dpo (14 day course)- never had this before.
    5) 400mg progesterone pessaries instead of 100mg that my clinic uses.

He also had me on clexane, but that was the same as I've had before. Started on transfer day and continued for the TWW.

Dr M will look at your individual results and tailor make a protocol for you. Trust me, you're in great hands with him. I hope the time passes quickly until your appointment.

Chiefsgirl- how did you handle the scratch? Hope it wasn't too unpleasant for you. I went totally grain-free for close to 2yrs and it was tough going. Gluten free shouldn't be too bad though, you can still have rice and corn-based foods. Very nice of your ILs to be supportive, lucky you!

Springrain- Wow, you are an egg machine! 20 is amazing. Congrats on getting 3 to biospy stage! I hope they are all perfect and your whole family is in that freezer. Hope you're surviving OK waiting for the results... I really struggled some days as it takes sooo long.

TTHC- camping is good fun, your boys would love it. Spiders don't worry me but snakes- eek! Luckily have had no scary encounters with either. The trip we just did there was a very brazen kookaburra that stole pieces of sausage off my 3yo godson's plate! That gave us all a chuckle

Wishing- Very nice to hear from you, but sad that your last donor embie wasn't the one . I hope you're managing OK at the prospect of moving on from IVF . I think we use the same compounding chemist for 400mg pessaries! I'll find out today how much longer I need to keep using them, and if I need more I'll be happy to buy them from you.

Hi to everyone else

AFM- Back from my 2 holidays and back to work *sigh*. On the plus side I'm 12 wks now and having my NT scan tomorrow .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

wishing4  (30-10-2013)