+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey quick question my fs suggested an endo scratch what is it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Chiefsgirl - boo. I'm so sorry. :-(

Nattie - it's where they literally scratch/injure your endometrium (lining). The theory goes that the injury causes it to grow back a lovely new, fresh lining next month. I know a few people who've had success after it.

Hi everyone else. Sorry, I haven't read all the posts so will catch up properly later.

AFM - all is well here. 28 weeks today. I was quite sick with a horrible cold/cough/throat thing, but it's mostly gone now. Suffering a lot with back/sciatic/leg pain still & it's getting worse. But nothing much I can do about it. I've been seeing a physio & have stretches to do, but it's still yuck. We're moving house this week too. Joy! I did my glucose test & some other BTs on Sat, so just waiting to see if there's any action required from them.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (01-10-2013),MGC Bertie  (01-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Def out, woke up to AF. Have appt on 16/10 with FS to see what's next

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very sorry to hear that Chiefsgirl. Have you considered taking Pregnyl injections? They keep AF at bay, to at least give your embryo a chance to implant. I found with a couple of my transfers that AF came early, and by calculations the embryo wouldn't have even started implanting before AF's chemicals started on their way. Even though I haven't had a BFP at least the Pregnyl gave my peace of mind that AF wasn't going to come and ruin it.

Perhaps also have your immune system checked with Dr Mattias to see if there's any implantation issues?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl- . Crap, sorry to hear AF turned up. I do hope you ended up with placebo and that using real saizen could make a difference next time. Will be interesting to see what your FS has in mind for you, all the best for a productive appointment on the 16th.

Peonies- 28 weeks, wow! The 3rd trimester is going to fly . Sorry to hear you're suffering with the sciatic pain , that must be making things very hard on you. I hope the moving goes smoothly and you get good weather for it. You'd better be supervising only and not trying to lift anything!

Nattie- the endo scratch is exactly as Peonies described. If your read my last post to MGC I mention my experience with it there. Good that you've already got a naturopath helping you. I never had tablets from mine, only herbal potions and they weren't too expensive. I was paying about $150 for a 6 month supply.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Very sorry to hear that Chiefsgirl. Have you considered taking Pregnyl injections? They keep AF at bay, to at least give your embryo a chance to implant. I found with a couple of my transfers that AF came early, and by calculations the embryo wouldn't have even started implanting before AF's chemicals started on their way. Even though I haven't had a BFP at least the Pregnyl gave my peace of mind that AF wasn't going to come and ruin it.

Perhaps also have your immune system checked with Dr Mattias to see if there's any implantation issues?
    Thank MGC. Is he here in Sydney? I was going to ask you about menopur as I think I saw you on that thread. How did it go for you? Do you recommend it? AF arrived on day of bt so it wasn't really early, although I did have cramps like it was going to start on the weekend.

Thanks simpsondesert, yes I hope we did have the placebo! The nurse at the clinic said we couldn't find out if we did get it or not. DH called in to the FS office on the way home and picked up a list of bt's that we need to get done again as its been a year, so he asked the FS to find out exactly how much saizen costs so we can discuss that at the appt. I'll just do lots of research till then too so I have lots of questions prepared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl... yes, Dr M is in Sydney - he has offices in Miranda and Bankstown. I did two cycles using Menopur (one cycle good and one not good). Originally my FS said it was good to use for older women, but then last cycle he changed me back to Gonal F. When I asked why (since I hadn't got any younger!!) he said that my LH levels were low using that, so he wanted the separate Luveris. However, this latest cycle was my worst ever (with no EPU), so obviously that didn't work!! There doesn't seem to any magic plan that will work, and seems a bit of trial and error, and luck of what the body is doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick one, haven't had a chance to catch up-just wanted to say I'm so sorry about your BFN chiefsgirl 😭

Also Springrain-good luck to where ever you're up to in your cycle.

I will catch up tomorrow & post properly!!

Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh so quiet in here!

TTHC- I guess you got sidetracked the day after your last post . Hope all is well with you and your gorgeous boys.

Chiefsgirl- how did your appointment go yesterday?

Springrain- how many embies did you end up getting to the biopsy stage? I hope the results are processed quickly for you and you have several suitable for transfer

MGC- Have you started stimming again yet?

Peonies- how is the new house going? And are you getting any treatment for your sciatic pain?

Big Hi to the other Syd gals

AFM- got home from our overseas holiday on Monday and very glad I don't go back to work until Oct 28th. We're off again next week on a camping trip with friends, going to be fun! My NT scan is booked for 30/10, can't wait to see bubs again and this time he/she should actually look like a baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Camping sounds great- where are you going? we camp in national parks alot, its much quieter than camp grounds, although mire basic!

Thanks SimpsonDesert, it went ok. She was running really late, which always makes me cranky, but it didn't help that I haven't been sleeping well so had been up since 330am and it was stinking hot yesterday so I was super cranky! She said no to most of the things I asked for, but said yes to saizen, another short cycle and an endometrial scratch.

The one thing I found interesting was my estrogen numbers, my first cycle was a long down I think I was on 300 gonal f that was upped to 450 at the end, but my est was only 1100odd (we got 2 eggs), second cycle 450 gonal f, long down but my est was 4500odd (we got 4 eggs), last cycle was 450 gonal f, but a short cycle on orgalutran and my est was back to 1500odd (we got 6 eggs)- so confusing to know why that one cycle in the middle the estrogen number was so much better, yet pretty much everything was the same as my other cycles (apart from that last short cycle).

Has anyone had a scratch? Can I go back to work after? I'm booked in for this Thursday and due for AF 1 nov so should start stimming then, just glad to be getting another go in before the big 40 at Xmas! Off to nz for the weekend to see th inlaws, hope everyone is safe from the fires, they look pretty bad.