+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Traveler yes I bought those digi tests and they made me worse!! I used the first one at 18dpo which came up "Pregnant 2-3" (Hcg 200-2000). That was all good, spot on for where I was. I waited until yesterday (22dpo) to do the other one, because if hcg was doubling every 48hrs, I would have had >2000 at 21 or 22dpo and the test should display "Pregnant 3+". But the second test still said "Pregnant 2-3" . Seeing the same reading 4 days apart did my head in!

After today's BT I can't say I trust that indicator for how many weeks pregnant... my Hcg is >4000 today so was definitely >2000 yesterday. Oh well, they're just a guideline I suppose. Shouldn't have let myself get so hung up on it.

Did your DS have a good b'day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    SimpsonDesert... yes, the nurse took 12 vials of blood this morning!! The nurse did well - hardly a bruise at all, however my arm is pretty sore, as she tightened the strap much tighter than on any BT before!! My FS wouldn't do everything on my long list, but I'm seeing my GP next week and will show her the left over and see if she'll order some of those. Thanks for thinking of me. I really enjoyed feeling your excitement over your latest BT - I'm so happy for you, and it really helps hearing such great news :-))

Traveller - I wanted to do a "double cycle" using both my eggs and my sister's eggs with the one straw of donor sperm, and to ensure we had a back up and maybe some to freeze, but my FS wouldn't agree to it, citing that it is "critical" to keep own eggs and donor eggs separate. As AF decided to throw things out, and FS wouldn't let me do the "double cycle", then I decided to start straight away - so am just doing a normal cycle with my own eggs (and anon donor sperm). If this cycle doesn't work, then we'll re-evaluate if we go to using my sister's eggs or try anymore with my own.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update before I get stuck into work - morph scan completed, all measuring on track at 19w2d - all bits and pieces are in the right places. And it's still a blue one - lol daddy got to video mummy and bubby - mummy isn't such a great commentator - so I'll stick to my day job!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- huge congrats on passing such a massive hurdle on the road to holding your blue little bundle! Baby boys are just so prescious, and he is going to bring you so much love and joy. Half way there...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

crofty  (13-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, quiet in here!

MGC- have you had a scan yet to check on the follies? Hope you are responding perfectly!

Crofty- congrats again on the awesome results! So relieved all the bits are where they should be, including the boy bits lol. Have you gone nuts at the shops yet?

Hi Peonies, TTHC, Bella, Lillac, Nat, Nattie, Rainbow & Alison

AFM- Had a busy weekend and feeling buggered today. On Sat I went shopping with my BFF and her daughter to find a Yr 10 formal dress, she was so efficient and bought the first dress she tried on! So we had spare time and started looking for something for me to wear to a beach wedding in Thailand next month. I found a really nice dress that hides my pudgy belly lol. After shopping we had friends over for a BBQ and then Sunday I went into hospital for my 2nd intralipid infusion. You think I'd feel well-rested after lying in bed from 2.00-10.30pm but I am sooo tired. Got my 3rd and final BT tomorrow, hopefully will be reporting back with good news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson... thanks for thinking of me. No, after my BT on Friday the nurse rang to say that I don't need to go for my next BT amd first scan until Wed, as the FS wants time for my follies to grow more. I took that as meaning that the BT results were a little down, but there's nothing I can do, so no point stressing about it. I don't seem to be feeling any changes, and keep asking DH if I had symptoms (e.g. tender boobs etc) at this stage before, but he reckons those came later. Best if I don't fret and just do what the FS says.

However, I went to GP today to get referral letter to see Dr M, and she had copies of last week's bloods. They were all fine except for ANA (anti-nuclear antibodies) has come back abnormal (80 speckled??). I don't actually know what that means, so will have to ring my FS tomorrow. Will go and post now on NKC thread, as I'm sure someone there can help :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC-I really hope you're pleasantly surprised on Wednesday & there is more action than you thought! No idea about your antibody results though! I'm sure someone else on here would have a clue!!

Simpson-how are you feeling? Don't worry the tiredness is a preg symptom. Doesn't matter how much you sleep or rest!!!! Hehe good luck for your BT tomorrow! Make sure you pop on & let us know how you go!

Crofty-excellent news on the morph scan! I'm so happy everything was perfect with your little boy!

Hi to all the other ladies-posting from my phone so can't go back far!

Hope you're all keeping warm & snug with this yucky weather!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Time Has Come For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (16-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey does anyone else's immune system plummet during and after an IVF cycle or is it just me? Once again I have been crippled with ongoing colds and flu since my failed cycle in May! Sooooo over it...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all hope everyone is well.

Well currently I am PUPO. I was to be the egg donor for my partner, but stupid ovaries only wanted to produce one huge follie with one egg. So after my FS suggested IUI on me, DP and I agreed for that change and I was inseminated yesterday morning. So bring on the TWW.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC- the ANAs are a clotting factor, so I'm pretty certain you'll be joining the clexane jabbers club. Hopefully tomorrow's scan and BT shows things are looking good! Grow follies grow!

TTHC- I'm feeling OK, just mega bloated, tired and getting the occasional dizzy spell.

Nattie- I'm not the best person to answer you because I rarely get sick (the plus side of my overactive immune system). Once in a blue moon when I have gotten a cold, I swear by Vit C tablets (1000mg), Kyolic garlic capsules, and fresh squeezed lemon juice with hot water & honey.

Fingerscrossd- I was wondering where you got to! Wow that cycle really took a twist... I hope it ends up being a lucky last minute change and you get your BFP

Hi to the other lovely Syd ladies

AFM- Today's BT results were all good . Hcg up to 25451 and P4 103. Very happy with those and now getting excited about my scan next Tues. Those levels give me a bit more confidence that we'll see a heartbeat.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (18-09-2013),MGC Bertie  (17-09-2013)