+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lilac - sounds like your enjoying mommyhood!!!! Hope your sleep improves soon

Simpson, I replied in our over 35s - hope your feeling bette and have recovered well from both your scratch and big weekend

MGC - how ru Hun???

Peonies - how's it all going, did you get results from you morph scan yet??? Happy belated birthday to you (Simpsons twin) and fellow cancerian!!!!

TTHC - happy 3rd bday to your beautiful DS!!!

Hi Bella, quartz, fingers, traveler, nat84u, and everyone else who's Ben quietly lurking out there!!!!

AFM - 14 weeks today!!!! Got NT scan results back from OB today and all came back low risk - so relieved!!!! Getting more and more excited every day - still seems quite surreal ???? Except then I'm quickly snapped back to reality when that nauseous feeling only leaves me for minutes at a time - uuggghhh - thought it was suppose to ease up after 12 weeks, I actually think its getting worse!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (12-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty... thanks for thinking of me. Thankfully being back to work is as busy as ever, so I get 8 hours a day that I don't think about IVF at all :-)) Going to the shops on the weekend just about killed me with all those bubs and kids everywhere, so I told DH that I'll be doing grocery shopping at nights for the next bit, until I don't feel like stealing someone's baby!! No, it's really alright - I've felt like this before, and have got over it, so sure I'll be right. Will be logging in and following what's happening on Bubhub, but plan to take a bit of a backseat for a while, reading, thanking (liking) posts and try not to be all consuming with it. 14 weeks - how fabulous - that is quite a milestone. Congrats xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC my heart sank remembering the despair you are feeling. I'm so sorry you have to go through such a tough time. Have you considered online shopping? You don't have to face anyone or anything that way (I used to get upset if I saw nappies for sale after a bfn) im thinking of you and we will miss you while you take a backseat from BH

5. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MGC - I understand. Our supermarket has all the baby stuff in the same aisle as toilet paper, so couldn't really avoid it & I found it so hard at times, I would make DH go down there & meet him in the next aisle. It's just sucky when you're surrounded by reminders. We live in the Hills District, which is baby central & at times it was crippling - seemed like absolutely everyone (except us, of course) was either pregnant or pushing a pram.

Simpson - belated happy birthday then! Mine was Sat 20th. Unless I'm going mad & got the days wrong. Your DH's party sounds fantastic. Glad you had a good time. Good luck for the C2S this weekend & for your cycle! I have such high hopes for this FET for you! Yes I had my morph scan on Mon - update below.

Crofty - how are you doing? My morph scan went well thanks. Update below.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM: my morph scan went well on Monday. Well, aside from it being the worst scan place I've ever been, so didn't like them & the experience was negative in that sense but not because of anything with bub. Measuring a little big but not much, and the Dr wasn't worried at all. We did find out the sex, but we're not announcing it. I guess I can tell you girls though. It is, as our ob had thought, a BOY! I was sure it was a girl. :-)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (10-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats peonies a boy! So happy for u babe!

Hope everyone is well. Not sure which next step we will take, maybe ivf one more time next year, maybe adoption.. Just taking it day by day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty-thanks for DS's birthday wishes! Can't believe you're already 14 weeks! Goes so quickly when you're the one who isn't pregnant!! Fabulous news on the NT results! Now sit back & try to enjoy the next 5ish months, it really does fly by.. Hope the ms eases up, I have no advice sorry (never had ms! Although concerning at the time, I realise now that I'm extremely lucky!) will you be finding out the sex when the time comes? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just realised I must have missed that part about your NT scan Crofty. That's great news! Big hurdle, that one. Hope the MS eases for you really soon.

Also missed your DS's birthday TTHC. Happy birthday to him! That's what I get for trying to read too many posts too quickly. Sorry. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies-all good Hun, thanks for his birthday wishes and congratulations on the blue bundle coming your way. Have you started thinking of names now that you know the sex?

Simpson-how are you feeling sweets? We're getting so close now! I'm starting to get really excited for you!!
    Are you still doing the C2S tomorrow? If so hope you have an awesome day!! The weather is looking great for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillac- Very pleased to hear Marlon is a content little man. I reckon you've had your last full night's sleep for quite some time!! Most of my mummy friends tell me they just learn to survive through the fog of sleep deprivation until it becomes the new 'norm'. Hopefully you can piece together some decent blocks so you at least feel human!

Peonies- no you're not mad, I am such a ditz . My b'day was Sun 21st, so the day after yours. I had Sat on the brain because DH's party was a Sat and my b'day is exactly one week before his. I totally forgot we held his party the day before his actual b'day . Very happy to hear bub is all great after your morph scan and congrats on team blue . Pity the scan place put a downer on it for you, I hope your next sonographer is extra nice and makes up for it! I feel very priviledged that you let us in on your little secret .

TTHC- yep, scratch biopsy was done last cycle. It wasn't too bad, quite uncomfortable when they put the fatso catheter in (it took a few goes because my cervix was bent) but not excruciating or anything. The actual scratching part I didn't even feel and there was no pain or cramping the rest of the day. It is unbelievably close now!! I am still not the least bit excited, so you can double up on my behalf haha. I hope DS1 had a great b'day last week .

Nattie- nice to hear from you . By the time I looked into adoption it was too late for us, you can't even apply until you've given up fertility treatment for a minimum 6 months, then up to 3yrs to be approved and then up to another 5yrs to have a placement (potentially 8yrs in limbo). And if one of you is over 43, then the age of the adopted child increases accordingly eg. infant for 43yo oldest parent, 1yo for 44yo oldest parent, etc. In our case we'd only be eligible for a child over 5yrs and that's a big fat IF we got that far. Not to mention the $$ is huge and would pay for another 3 ICSI cycles. The more I read the more impossible it seemed! You are much younger than us so its a good time to be reviewing your options and decide if that's the right path for you.

MGC- I completely understand the need to take a backseat and just follow along in the background. Have done it myself several times when taking huge timeouts from IVF. Enjoy your break and we'll be here to support you whenever you jump back in

Fingerscrossd- you have been quiet... hope things are going OK on the stimming front. Surely you must be close to EPU?

Crofty- Ditto my reply on the 35ers thread

Hi Traveler, Bella, Quartz, and everyone else

AFM- How glorious was the weekend weather?! So beautiful outside in the sunshine. Yay for only 3 more weeks of Winter!! I was meant to do City to Surf on Sunday and it was absolutely perfect conditions for it but alas my knee was still not 100% and my physio advised against running. Very peeved to have missed out but I guess there's always next year.

Going in for first tracking BT tomorrow (CD10), and guessing I'm about 12 days away from FET. I should be super excited but just not feeling it. Too down-trodden I suppose from all the failures. This will be my first time going into a cycle where I actually don't care if it works or not... its a weird feeling!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (12-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (12-08-2013),The Time Has Come  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson-how did your BT go today sweety?