+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow peonies - 17 weeks already!!! Times flown for us (but as like you, I'm sure slowly for you - I thought the TWW was bad - lol) had a laugh at you having do do some star jumps to wake up bubs - lazy little bugger hope your apps and morph scan coming up go well!!!!

Thanks traveler - yes it was pretty special seeing the little beanie baby moving a week or so back, can't wait til next Thursday to see if she/he is moving again and looking more like a baby than a beanie

/Simpson as like you I wrote to you in over 35s thread, just a quick one to send pristine vibes to your little frosty waiting for his/her transfer to mum in a months time!!!!

MGC - great fertilisation results!!!! Transfer isn't due until Monday is it??? Are they just checking on sat to see how they're progressing???

Lillac - hope your hunting and gathering is going well there little birdie either way, hope your enjoying decorating the nursery, have you got a theme????

T2sp - great to see you have a plan and I'm sure the next few months will fly by, enjoy your break with your DS I'm sure he'll enjoy mummy son time 😘

Hi to everyone else

Afm - nearly 12 weeks!!!! Can't believe it (well yes I can cause I've been counting everyday and it feels like 20 weeks, I thought the TWW went slow- this 12 weeks thing is unbelievable!!!!!) we told my dads side of the fam last weekend at my uncles party - there were lots of tears and for the first time from me - my whole family knows what we've been through with IVF and they are over the moon!!! Most of my mums side already know as I let my mum tell them (she was iching to tell someone as this has been a long time coming and will be the 1st grandchild!!!!) as her sisters are in WA and Canberra so they're safe with our little secret!!! I don't know if its the medication or what but I seriously look about 4 mths pregnant, maybe it's all the food I'm eating - lol nut I haven't put it on anywhere else and my b00bs aren't getting any bigger (their big enough normally) still no pain in them either - which is really weird - well, I guess we're in for a cold wet weekend here in Sydney, perfect time to snuggle up in bed and relax all weekend with DH and our fur babies!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty.... I'm crying my eyes out at the moment reading about your excitement of telling people you're pregnant. Need to go get a tissue. OK I'm better now. Lol, with being so bloated - I'm sitting here totally bloated too, and that's just the crazy meds!! Yes, my transfer is on Monday, but they're ringing tomorrow to give a Day 3 update and give me the time for the transfer. I'm quite itching to find out how our little embryos have gone :-)) Surely we should get something out of 4 - fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought life was frustrating keeping DP in check with her cycle. Its even more frustrating with the both of us waiting to get into sync.

So my AF came Thursday I thought yay i can start gonal, nope have to wait for DP's AF to arrive, she was on the pill to delay and oops she took it a day extra. But I think i have jinx her as after each phone call today "any sign yet question" I saw her earlier and she said, i think its coming lol

So now to ring clinic tomorrow morning (they have an after hours mobile you can reach them on Saturdays til 12pm) and then we have to wait for FS to decide on my Gonal amount and then DP will start taking the Progenova.

Phew....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty- I was all teary reading about u telling family too!!! Must feel like a dream, you have wanted this for so long!! So happy for you

MGC- great fert rate!!!! Hooray!!!!! There is bound to be a baby or two in there!!! Good luck for Monday!!!

Peonies - so close to the half way point!! Are you going to share bubs gender with us?

Simpson- SOOO close to transfer month for you

Bella- how is life going with your little bundle?

Hi to all the other sydney gals!

Afm- we are getting through cold after cold. Not fun. Just hibernating inside in this depressing weather.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to traveler For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update.... Our 4 little embies are still alive and kicking at day 3. Two are perfectly on track at 8 cells, one is OK at 6 cells, and one is being slow at 5 cells. All 4 were graded A, meaning that there's little fragmentation, so that's good news. We've had a couple get to day 3 before, but it's getting past to day 5 that is the problem, but the scientist said that seems to be many embryos problems. Anyhow, it's looking really good, so transfer is set for Monday morning. I think it will be a long 2 day wait til then :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh thx MGC and traveler - it was like the water works and the funnier thing was that we were all dressed up in fancy dress!!!!

MGC - hear news!!!! Sounds like you have some good embies there and definently 1 or maybe 2 for transfer in Monday!!! Mine was a day 3 transfer as I. Got the call up to say come in for the double transfer - bit WFC are quite conservative as well when you don't have many embryos collected and growing - hoping the next 2 days go quickly for you!!! And the tww even quicker!!! Xo Crofty

10. The Following User Says Thank You to crofty For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crofty....my FS prefers 3 day transfers, but on my last cycle I told him that I would only ever do 5 days from now on, as I want the certainty that the embies can get past the third day. When my lone emby got to Day 3 he really wanted to transfer it, but I stayed fast and said no, and it was just as well, as that little emby stopped growing. Had I transferred it on Day 3 I would never have known where the problem was. I will only be transferring 1 on Monday, no matter how many make it. The risk of complications with twins is too much for me, especially as a have a thyroid issue, so any extra embryos will be frozen, if they make the grade for freezing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update... Yes, I had my transfer this morning. I think the FS was hoping for a bit of a better result for Day 5 - he said they hadn't progressed that much, and though one of the 8 cells has become an "early blast", it didn't look like that any of the others would make it to freezing. Bit disappointing, as I was hoping the other 8 cell one would be good. But at least I had one to transfer. I then asked him, what exactly were the others at today, but he didn't seem to know exactly, and just seemed to want to get on with this one. Where are those scientists when you want one - they know all the numbers!! So I re-phrased, and asked "did they other ones stop growing?", to which he said, "no, they all moved on, but not greatly." I know none of them will be any good, but I am just curious to know that they didn't stop at Day 3, as it's happened in the past. Then as I've got my legs in the air, the scientist appears - not really the right time to be having a discussion!! Hehe. Afterwards, she said she will call tomorrow, to say if there was any to freeze, so I've written myself a post-it to ask her then.

Anyhow, I've had three transfers in total now from 5 cycles, and I thought I'd share the differences with you:
    - 1st - told to have an empty bladder, just like a pap smear, over and done and out
    - 2nd - told to have an empty bladder, the internal instrument thing hurt massively, so much that I almost fainted on the bed, I was in absolute agony and told the FS so, but he didn't seem worried, once it was out of me, the pain straight away went, I'm sure he had it in wrong, or at the least had pinched some bit of skin
    - 3rd (today) - same FS as 2nd transfer, but told to have a full bladder, just like a pap smear, no pain, but it took two goes, he gives the syringe thing (with the embryo) back to the scientist and she goes back to her room, he gets out the ultrasound, and then gets me, yes me, to hold the ultrasound probe on my tummy, scientist does the checking of name and DOB again, and comes back again. No problem, in it goes, and FS says, "can you see that blob, that's where it is?" Lol. All good. Well the 2WW has begun :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC- sorry I've been MIA. Was following along with much excitement about your amazing fert rate and embie development! PUPO with an early blast and some possibles for freezing is absolutely brilliant!! Congrats on a great outcome and I hope the good news continues with a BFP in 11 days time

Fingerscrossd- hope DPs AF showed up and all is on track now.

Traveler- I hope your household is illness-free soon. Today was especially icy, would have loved to stay indoors rugged up.

Lillac- you'll be too busy looking after a newborn by the time I'm having FET! Hope the chores are done & dusted and you're finding some time to put your feet up.

Hi to Peonies, Crofty, Bella, TTHC and everyone else

AFM- The 4th BT was the lucky last, O was right on time on CD14. My scratch biopsy is going to be on Mon 29/7. Also moved into the next phase of my immune protocol. Swapped the dexamethasone for prednisolone and booked in my intralipid infusion for 18/8. Things are VERY hectic at home prepping for DH's big 40th bash and the arrival of in-laws from QLD this coming weekend. Anything to take my mind off IVF is a welcome distraction .

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sydney Girls Roll Call

Waiting to Cycle
    (limbo land, on a break, between cycles, etc)

Paddlegirl
    Lola77
    Alison12
    Catemer
    Nessika
    Wishing4
    Earthpower9
    SimpsonDesert
    Trying2StayPositive
    Nattie84

Cycle Underway
    (IUI, IVF, ICSI, FET, etc)

Fingerscrossd11- jabbing

TWW
    (note: if your BT date is wrong, please help yourself to correct it )

MGC Bertie- BT 2/8

UTD
    Lillac- Aug 2013
    rainbow road- Nov 2013
    Romy Sydney- Nov 2013
    Peoniesarepretty- Dec 2013
    Crofty - Feb 2014

Proud Mummies
    Nat84u - DD 2004 & DS Feb 2013
    PinkButterfly- DD1 2007 & DD2 Feb 2012
    Traveler- DS 2009 & DD Jan 2013
    Lola77- DS 2009