+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much alcohol do you drink in one hit?

Im not a big drinker, ill drink only on the weekends and some weekends not at all. I dont get drunk, just happy.

Im a wine drinker and a standard glass of a 12% wine is 100-150ml. The wine glasses we have at home are 250ml.

Ill sometimes drink a whole bottle (3 of said glasses) over the course of say 4 or so hours and with a meal which is a whole bottle and according to health experts this is harmful - 300ml max is two standard drinks for a female which is the daily limit. I only do it occasionally, usually ill only have one or two glasses if that

So im wondering how many drink more than the recommended amount??

I had no idea that the amount i was drinking was too much, like i said i NEVER get drunk just warm and happy and i dont get hungover at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I rarely drink. I will go weeks/months without having any alcohol. If I do drink at a bbq i'll have maybe 1-2 cruisers or a bottle of wine which just makes me happy, not drunk.

On the weekend though...... Bit of a turned into some heavy drinking, couldnt even count how many but this little chicken was not well the next day!!!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe a small glass

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink bircardi (sp?) with coke and for me it's normally two decent sized glasses, about the size of a coke glass you get from mcdonalds when the olympics are on. But the amount of alcohol is just a cap full, the rest is coke.

When I was younger though, *shudder* far too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I share a bottle of wine most Friday nights while watching the footy. So, I have however much half a bottle of wine is!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think a bottle of wine has about 7 standard glasses in it? I pour fairly standard glasses and it's enough for 3.5 glasses each for DP and I. We'll usually have 3 each then there's one left over for another night. We'll share a bottle on average 1-2 times a week. And I'll go out for a few drinks maybe once a fortnight and have between 3-5 standard drinks. A whole bottle over 4 hours would make me legless. I think even if you're not feeling the effects, it's really not good for you. Also, do you have any idea how many calories are in a bottle of wine?? Between 500-800. Not to mention all the sugar, etc. My friend drinks loads of white wine and can't figure out why she can't lose weight!

ETA I really don't think occasional bingeing on the scale you mentioned is a problem though OP. Same as any other indulgence, IMO.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 27-05-2013 at 10:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm like i said i do it rarely but it wasnt until i read up on how much a standard drink is that i realised how much more it is than the recommended amount.

Half a bottle max for me from now on!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My usual Saturday night serving is half a bottle of wine, or two martinis

Thanks
    Reviews
    generally, no more than 2 small glasses (125mL - I did just go an measure ) probably 3-4 nights a week.

I went out 'drinking' a week or so ago and drank probably 6 drinks - 3 shots and 3-4glasses of sparkling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god!

DH & I will share a bottle of wine 1-2 a week and on the weekend 1 bottle might be 2-3 ( especially if friends come around so shared between more).

If DH doesnt feel like a wine he will have a beer or 2 and I'll have a glass of wine or two. We enjoy a wine/drink with dinner, once the kids are in bed.