+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Often these same people would not be getting all of the individual vaccines, particularly in a short period in a young child, as the current system provides. SO therefore, the child wouldn't be getting the higher doses of the ingredients.
    Then that is a good reason not to split vaccines .. So it's not a choice ..I feel sorry for unvaccinated kids ..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-06-2013),Gracie's Mum  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    Often these same people would not be getting all of the individual vaccines, particularly in a short period in a young child, as the current system provides. SO therefore, the child wouldn't be getting the higher doses of the ingredients.
    I've seen people say they'd get all the vaccines if they could get them separately. So umpteen more needles and more preservatives being added to little bodies over the long term. Some might not *shrugs*

My DSS was not vaccinated until a magistrate ordered it so. He was around 4. His BM also requested shots be given no more than one per visit. He had to go to the dr every couple of weeks for an injection and as he was old enough to understand why we were there, he started to shake and cry as soon as we got into the dr's office. It was an awful experience for him that he still remembers 5 years later. Conversely, my DD1 had all hers on schedule and doesn't remember a thing. Anecdotal, sure, but it's my experience of delayed vaccinating and separating shots- something done with zero scientific reasoning- and it was just cruel. I feel the same about offering single vaccines and delayed schedules. It's unnecessary and can be traumatic for the child.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-09-2013),Cdro  (10-06-2013),jellybeanicecream  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do too Maybelline. It is all very well to choose not to vaccinate. But no one ever asks their kids do they want to catch these diseases. I actually find it very similar to that homeopathic family who let their child die because they didn't believe in treating her with Western medicine. Worst part is it would have been a really simple problem to fix if they'd just taken her to the doctor.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (10-06-2013),Maybelline  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah, sorry, but that is just plain mean. As someone with who is needle phobic - it is not a laughing matter to have needles, it is a big scary deal. When I went ot have my Dtap booster the other day, I had to get my friend to come with me and hold my hand, I had to put EMLA patches on each arm and I cried before she even did it. I can't believe anyone would want to give their kids a huge amount of needles when they can just give a few.

Let me reiterate, I have never ever heard a reason good enough to not vaccinate except for allergy and immunocompromised - Medical reasons. Everyone else needs to start thinking about their children and the consequences of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I've seen people say they'd get all the vaccines if they could get them separately. So umpteen more needles and more preservatives being added to little bodies over the long term. Some might not *shrugs*

My DSS was not vaccinated until a magistrate ordered it so. He was around 4. His BM also requested shots be given no more than one per visit. He had to go to the dr every couple of weeks for an injection and as he was old enough to understand why we were there, he started to shake and cry as soon as we got into the dr's office. It was an awful experience for him that he still remembers 5 years later. Conversely, my DD1 had all hers on schedule and doesn't remember a thing. Anecdotal, sure, but it's my experience of delayed vaccinating and separating shots- something done with zero scientific reasoning- and it was just cruel. I feel the same about offering single vaccines and delayed schedules. It's unnecessary and can be traumatic for the child.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-06-2013),Atropos  (10-06-2013),Busy-Bee  (10-06-2013),Gracie's Mum  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just out of curiosity do you think non-vaxers would be more open to vaccinating if babies received an allergy test for the ingredients first?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Does anyone know the WHO advice / information is on vaccinations?

i just can't see how anyone can choose to risk their child's life, no matter what the reason. My DDs life is the most important thing in the world and Ill do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many babies and toddlers have died from having the vaccinations and how many unvaccinated babies and toddlers have died from a disease that was preventable from the vaccines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Here you go Allie Pallie.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/im...t-l-comparison

Does anyone have a link to the cool one that has the little people in green orange and red?That is a really good link but I can't find it.

Unfortunately though Allie, a lot of the hardline anti vaxxers actually think that this is all a massive conspiracy, no amount of studies or graphs will change their minds because they are paranoid.

I posted a link of some stats from the dept of health the other day and an anti vaxxer scoffed and said that "the dept of health? Please, why don't you post something unbiased and isn't in the pockets of the big pharmas" You just can't reason with those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Does anyone know the WHO advice / information is on vaccinations?

i just can't see how anyone can choose to risk their child's life, no matter what the reason. My DDs life is the most important thing in the world and Ill do whatever it takes to keep her safe.

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many babies and toddlers have died from having the vaccinations and how many unvaccinated babies and toddlers have died from a disease that was preventable from the vaccines.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Cdro  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do wish they'd stop raving on with all of that nonsense about "Big Pharma". (1) Because it's paranoid rubbish, but (2) because it sounds like like meal of the day at the local pub. My brain doesn't see the "h" somehow.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybeanicecream For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanicecream View Post
    I do wish they'd stop raving on with all of that nonsense about "Big Pharma". (1) Because it's paranoid rubbish, but (2) because it sounds like like meal of the day at the local pub. My brain doesn't see the "h" somehow.
    Lol! This is what I see:ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1370842260.102022.jpg

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Here you go Allie Pallie.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/im...t-l-comparison

Does anyone have a link to the cool one that has the little people in green orange and red?That is a really good link but I can't find it.

Unfortunately though Allie, a lot of the hardline anti vaxxers actually think that this is all a massive conspiracy, no amount of studies or graphs will change their minds because they are paranoid.

I posted a link of some stats from the dept of health the other day and an anti vaxxer scoffed and said that "the dept of health? Please, why don't you post something unbiased and isn't in the pockets of the big pharmas" You just can't reason with those types.
    I love this chart! I know it doesn't give you the chance if your child contracting the disease, but vaccinating protects them either by preventing them getting the disease or if they do happen to catch it, makes it much less worse than if they were unvaccinated! To me the risk of vaccination ALWAYS outweighs the risk of them not being vaccinated!