+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    While I was at Westmead children's hospital last week I noticed a sign up saying we are having a measles breakout and to be careful. An epidemic may be closer than you think

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013),HappyBovinexx  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I took my DS4 to a chiropractor as a last resort for reflux, I had heard a few good things. I swear to god I got in there and was just bombarded with anti vax rhetoric, tonnes of stuff. I was a bit horrified, I've read a lot, but I could see if you didn't know much about it that it might seem...real? You are paying someone in a trendy part of Sydney $140 a session and all of a sudden they are pumping you full of (false) information. It really felt like brainwashing. I reported them I was so horrified, and they were SO pushy about it. I told them I had done the research and was happy with my pro vaxx stance and they went on and on and on. It was like a cult! I ended up not ever going back, and I will never go back to a chiropractor, ever.
    I think I am familiar with this chiropractor. I was recommended to go there for DD's reflux, DH did a bit of research on the practice and found that they were heavily involved in the anti-vax movement. We never made that appointment!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiedoll View Post
    While I was at Westmead children's hospital last week I noticed a sign up saying we are having a measles breakout and to be careful. An epidemic may be closer than you think

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Plenty of stuff is kept quiet ... I am amazed at parents who will not vax for measles ... Especially at the moment..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some parents would be more willing to vaccinate if they could do it individually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Why? Where is the evidence that supports this?

Combined vaccines mean less jabs for the child and less jabs for parents to have to remember to schedule in.
    I know a few people who pay extra to get the vaccines split as they think it is gentler on the immune system, I just smile and nod but whatever gets them to vax is fine.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (09-06-2013),HappyBovinexx  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am sure someone - maybe haztechdad linked a study once that showed a higher rate of adverse reactions in those who had individual vaccines rather than the combined ones. Kind of blows that theory right out of the water.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-06-2013),HappyBovinexx  (09-06-2013),Maybelline  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've seen it said that individual vaccines are better, often by the same people that are concerned about the "toxic" vax ingredients (aluminium, formaldehyde etc)which I have always found odd as if you split the vaccines you'd get even more of these ingredients injected.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-06-2013),beebs  (09-06-2013),HappyBovinexx  (09-06-2013),Maybelline  (09-06-2013),MummaOJ  (09-06-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just read the NZ story about the child that contracted tetanus. I found this part interesting " Tetanus toxin is one of the most potent known poisons and contracting it does not build immunity."

So what do they use for the vaccine for Tetanus, and how does that work?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I just read the NZ story about the child that contracted tetanus. I found this part interesting " Tetanus toxin is one of the most potent known poisons and contracting it does not build immunity."

So what do they use for the vaccine for Tetanus, and how does that work?
    Found this:

The vaccine is made of inactivated toxins from the bacteria , this is called a toxoid preparation. Vaccination stimulates the body to produce serum anti-toxin.A total of five doses of tetanus toxoid containing vaccine at the appropriate intervals are considered to give lifelong immunity. Recovery from tetanus may not result in immunity, and vaccination following tetanus is indicated.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (10-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I've seen it said that individual vaccines are better, often by the same people that are concerned about the "toxic" vax ingredients (aluminium, formaldehyde etc)which I have always found odd as if you split the vaccines you'd get even more of these ingredients injected.
    Often these same people would not be getting all of the individual vaccines, particularly in a short period in a young child, as the current system provides. SO therefore, the child wouldn't be getting the higher doses of the ingredients.