+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    If you were to go with this theory (and it is still just a theory), then let me ask you, it is known that VPDs can actually trigger autoimmune diseases, and they don't do much other than provide immunity and cause death and complications. Whereas vaccines may or may not cause autoimmune diseases, but save millions of lives every year, and save people getting sick. Yeah - they deffo sound like the worse of the two to me. Not.
    So, if it is known that VPDs can cause autoimmune diseases, why is it not possible that vaccines to these VPDs may also cause autoimmune disease?

I am not questioning the balance of benefits and risks of vaccinating or not vaccinating, but exploring the claim that autoimmune disease may or may not be triggered by vaccines.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just added something to my post that explains that, sorry, I had to go find the paper and copy it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Meryl Dorey herself also told me that SIDS did not exist before vaccination :rollseyes:
    Hahaha ... So how does she explain that with time the incidence of SIDS has dramatically decreased, but the rate of vaccination has increased?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013),jellybeanicecream  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    'Autoimmune thrombocytopenia has been described after measles vaccination, but with a much lower frequency than that seen after wild measles virus infection (one in 30 000 vs one in 5000)'
    So, therefore the claim that vaccines can cause autoimmune disease has been shown to be true in a peer reviewed published article.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    Hahaha ... So how does she explain that with time the incidence of SIDS has dramatically decreased, but the rate of vaccination has increased?
    Not sure- when I asked for further info I was banned from the AVN Facebook page

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013),Boobycino  (09-06-2013),CakeyMumma  (09-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    So, therefore the claim that vaccines can cause autoimmune disease has been shown to be true in a peer reviewed published article.

Thanks
    Did you read the rest of the post though???

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Did you read the rest of the post though???
    I did. I thought this thread was about exploring the claims that have been made. The decision with what you do with that information is separate. However, as you have asked i will address the rest of Beeb's post.

This absolutely makes sense, because in a vaccination the amount of anitbodies that you get are FAR less than from the actual disease.
    i agree.

So yes - win/win, again. It provides both safety against the disease and the autoimmune disease that the disease can cause.
    Can you explain this argument further? Are you saying that because administering a vaccine (with only a small risk of a resultant autoimmune disease) protects against the disease, the person is further protected against autoimmune disease resulting from actually having the disease (where the risk is higher)?
    Last edited by Bubbles10; 09-06-2013 at 10:57.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I think it is for the Aboriginal population (from what I've read), I have a feeling it is so they can't be seen to be discriminating....I could be wrong. But why else, when you read about it, it always points to the high number of infections among the Aboriginal communities?
    This is true. Also, I asked my midwife about the Hep B, because we couldn't see how it was necessary for a newborn. She said it was cheaper and less controversial for all newborns to receive it at birth than for hospitals to invest time and money into identifying 'at risk' parents to test for Hep B then vaccinate their babies only. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is for the Aboriginal population (from what I've read), I have a feeling it is so they can't be seen to be discriminating....I could be wrong. But why else, when you read about it, it always points to the high number of infections among the Aboriginal communities?
    Mmmmm we offer TB vax at birth to babies from high risk population groups - aboriginal, Torres Strait, Asia, Africa so don't know if it's a discrimination point of view and there are extra vaxxes on the schedule specifically for ATSI children

Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    This is true. Also, I asked my midwife about the Hep B, because we couldn't see how it was necessary for a newborn. She said it was cheaper and less controversial for all newborns to receive it at birth than for hospitals to invest time and money into identifying 'at risk' parents to test for Hep B then vaccinate their babies only. I hope that makes sense.
    I know the QLD health information leaflet says "you don't know who has hepatitis B" so therefore your baby should have it. Haha that probably wouldn't surprise me. Like I said I'm not against the hep b doses at 2, 4, 6 months (or whenever it is that you get them after birth), and I can't think of adverse outcomes it would cause to have it at birth, I'm just trying to figure out why.

Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I was told that the Hep B at birth was to protect the baby against Hep B from the mother. When DS was born in 1997, it was only on the schedule for groups deemed as high risk ie Aboriginals. Something changed as when DD1 was born in 2000 the schedule had been updated, and it was recommended for everyone.
    Hep B immunoglobulin is given to babies with Hep B positive mothers at birth to prevent hep b along with the hep b vax. Transmission of mother to baby is likely to occur at birth as the baby passes through the vagina and is exposed to the mothers blood there, so a vaccination after the fact isn't going to do much. Can't be transferred through breastfeeding or saliva though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Typical anti vaxxer, take one tiny piece of information and run with it, like it somehow proves your point.

That is one vaccination, none of the others have shown any kind of links. Why don't you mention to your anti vaxx cronies that VPDs cause autoimmune diseases...which is well documented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post

Thanks