+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Haha, whoever is in charge obviously needs to be fired -1 million people died a year of measles until 2002 when mass vaccinations were introduced, last year it was down to 158,000. So if they are trying to control the population by kill people off they are doing a really terrible job
    From what I've read (not much because I don't want to waste my time ) and what my neighbour goes on about is that they are starting with third world countries... You know, because we can't genuinely want to help these people, there are alterior motives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    At a local health food store here there is a sign in the window for an upcoming 'discussion' about '' immunisation and SIDS''
    That one is regularly promulgated by retired palaeontologist (and wannabe vaccination expert) Viera Scheibner.

Heavily studied and found to be false: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...64410X07002800

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HazTechDad For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-09-2014),beebs  (09-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That is a good one! As good as the ole vaccinations cause autoimmune crap - both my mother and my grandfather have/had autoimmune diseases, and neither one had any vaxxes Anti vax FAIL! It's all about genes, it always is, and one day they will find the exact reason and we'll be able to switch the offending bugger off. With SCIENCE. (I put it in capitals just in case any anti vaxxers are reading the page - they seem to forget about SCIENCE all the time!)

Quote Originally Posted by jellybeanicecream View Post
    Just today, I heard chronic fatigue syndrome being blamed on a flu shot.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Turk EnJayDee  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Exactly, so ask her why a million people died a year, and now it is down to 158,000 from measles!

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    From what I've read (not much because I don't want to waste my time ) and what my neighbour goes on about is that they are starting with third world countries... You know, because we can't genuinely want to help these people, there are alterior motives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I took my DS4 to a chiropractor as a last resort for reflux, I had heard a few good things. I swear to god I got in there and was just bombarded with anti vax rhetoric, tonnes of stuff. I was a bit horrified, I've read a lot, but I could see if you didn't know much about it that it might seem...real? You are paying someone in a trendy part of Sydney $140 a session and all of a sudden they are pumping you full of (false) information. It really felt like brainwashing. I reported them I was so horrified, and they were SO pushy about it. I told them I had done the research and was happy with my pro vaxx stance and they went on and on and on. It was like a cult! I ended up not ever going back, and I will never go back to a chiropractor, ever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

jellybeanicecream  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow beebs how unprofessional!! I've seen a few natural therapists (as I'm studying to be one), and not one has out right told me to not vaccinate.

They've all said go and do your research, let us know your decision so we can support it. One naturopath hasn't vaccinated her kids (I had to push her for an answer), so is obviously antivax but was 100% supportive of my decision to vax on schedule... As she should be!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I go to a Chiro every now and then- there is done evidence that chiropractic can help with back pain- and mine is pro vax thank goodness- she got quite angry when discussing anti vax chiros giving the rest a bad name.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the point of vaccination is to stimulate the immune system to fight infection, it is completely out of the question than in some individuals this leads to the immune system overreacting and causing autoimmune problems?

I don't see how you can say that vaccines work, but deny that in some people they will work too well and cause issues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HazTechDad View Post
    That one is regularly promulgated by retired palaeontologist (and wannabe vaccination expert) Viera Scheibner.

Heavily studied and found to be false: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...64410X07002800
    Meryl Dorey herself also told me that SIDS did not exist before vaccination :rollseyes:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you were to go with this theory (and it is still just a theory), then let me ask you, it is known that VPDs can actually trigger autoimmune diseases, and they don't do much other than provide immunity and cause death and complications. Whereas vaccines may or may not cause autoimmune diseases, but save millions of lives every year, and save people getting sick. Yeah - they deffo sound like the worse of the two to me. Not.

I just found this peer reviewed study in the Lancet that states that one vaccination can indeed cause one type of autoimmune disease, but that the wild virus has a much higher rate;

'Autoimmune thrombocytopenia has been described after measles vaccination, but with a much lower frequency than that seen after wild measles virus infection (one in 30 000 vs one in 5000)'

This absolutely makes sense, because in a vaccination the amount of anitbodies that you get are FAR less than from the actual disease.

So yes - win/win, again. It provides both safety against the disease and the autoimmune disease that the disease can cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    If the point of vaccination is to stimulate the immune system to fight infection, it is completely out of the question than in some individuals this leads to the immune system overreacting and causing autoimmune problems?

I don't see how you can say that vaccines work, but deny that in some people they will work too well and cause issues.
    Last edited by beebs; 09-06-2013 at 09:52.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-06-2013),jellybeanicecream  (09-06-2013)