+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by giggle berry View Post
    Personally the only thing I worry about is the number of vaccines in one sitting on such an immature immune system.

The thing I think about when going for vaccinations, is how whooping cough would affect a baby with such an immature immune system. Makes me feel so much better about vaxxes. I don't need to imagne what it is like, I caught whooping cough in 2004 and I really felt I might die. I coughed so violently that I would go minutes without breathing, turn purple each time, vomited after each spell, the blood vessels burts in my eyes and around my eyes. I was misdiagnosed at hospital with a "cough" and sent on my way and the worst things was I was back packing - oh yes, tubes, planes, going to different countries, the whole bit. I was so violently ill that in peak hour tube traffic I would clear an entire carriage, when I was on the plane home people asked to be moved and I ended up with the whole back of the plane to myself. I shudder to think of me spreading it around like that. I am still furious for the Dr at the hospital who did no tests at all and basically said its a cough, go away. I have no doubt in my mind that had a baby caught it as severely as me, they could have died. It had it for 12 weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Just out of curiosity.
    ● they're given as a form of population control*

*apparently affluent people including the British Monarchy, Bill Gates, George Bush and many others are part of a ploy to remove the more needy in our world [including those in third world countries, the elderly and disabled] by way of lethal vaccines. It goes further in depth and more crazy if you want to look it up.
    Um wouldn't letting the diseases run rampant do a much better job of that?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-06-2013),giggle berry  (08-06-2013),jellybeanicecream  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    How did I forget these??? Especially the aborted foetuses, that's the one that riles me up the most
    Oh, aborted foetuses, one of the weirdest and most revolting anti-vax conspiracies I've heard!

DH had a debate in forum land the other day regarding the Bill Gates population control conspiracy, it was rather hilarious. Apparently vaccines are a tool in the move towards New World Order.

I just ordered my foil hat and am busy making a paperclip chain to adorn it in preparation.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-06-2013),beebs  (08-06-2013),cluckcluck  (09-06-2013),giggle berry  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    The thing I think about when going for vaccinations, is how whooping cough would affect a baby with such an immature immune system. Makes me feel so much better about vaxxes. I don't need to imagne what it is like, I caught whooping cough in 2004 and I really felt I might die. I coughed so violently that I would go minutes without breathing, turn purple each time, vomited after each spell, the blood vessels burts in my eyes and around my eyes. I was misdiagnosed at hospital with a "cough" and sent on my way and the worst things was I was back packing - oh yes, tubes, planes, going to different countries, the whole bit. I was so violently ill that in peak hour tube traffic I would clear an entire carriage, when I was on the plane home people asked to be moved and I ended up with the whole back of the plane to myself. I shudder to think of me spreading it around like that. I am still furious for the Dr at the hospital who did no tests at all and basically said its a cough, go away. I have no doubt in my mind that had a baby caught it as severely as me, they could have died. It had it for 12 weeks.
    How completely unpleasant. I bet that was not the highlight of your travels!

I saw a little boy with whooping cough years ago while visiting a friend in hospital. It was so upsetting, and incredibly scary, both for the little boy and his terrified parents.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    This is the reason I go ahead in spite of my fears....I can't imagine and don't ever want to witness what any of the diseases on the vax schedule would do to a little person who is so young and defenceless still! 😨

9. The Following User Says Thank You to giggle berry For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Um wouldn't letting the diseases run rampant do a much better job of that?
    Didn't you know these vpds are extinct anyway? Or they aren't life threatening

11. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually vaccines are grown using tissue from human fetal cells.
    And are also grown in chicken fetal cells. And also have serum derived from fetal calves.
    The National Centre for Immunisation (Australia) has a fact sheet listing what is used and includes this information:

Certain viruses grown for use in vaccines require the use of ‘cell lines’. These cell lines (called human diploid cell lines – WI-38 and MRC-5) were originally derived from human fetal tissue. The vaccines manufactured using cell lines originally derived from fetal tissue include: rubella vaccine and MMR vaccine, hepatitis A vaccines, varicella vaccines, rabies vaccine, and oral polio (Sabin) vaccine.

So that is in fact true.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BohemianGypsy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemianGypsy View Post
    Actually vaccines are grown using tissue from human fetal cells.
    And are also grown in chicken fetal cells. And also have serum derived from fetal calves.
    The National Centre for Immunisation (Australia) has a fact sheet listing what is used and includes this information:

Certain viruses grown for use in vaccines require the use of ‘cell lines’. These cell lines (called human diploid cell lines – WI-38 and MRC-5) were originally derived from human fetal tissue. The vaccines manufactured using cell lines originally derived from fetal tissue include: rubella vaccine and MMR vaccine, hepatitis A vaccines, varicella vaccines, rabies vaccine, and oral polio (Sabin) vaccine.

So that is in fact true.
    Actually I think the word *originally* is very important. I'm too lazy to find the exact figure but as the vaccine was only burgeoned using a single diploid cell the actual vaccine contains no actual fetal cells.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElizaDoLittle For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-06-2013),MissMuppet  (08-06-2013),risfaerie  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemianGypsy View Post
    Actually vaccines are grown using tissue from human fetal cells. And are also grown in chicken fetal cells. And also have serum derived from fetal calves. The National Centre for Immunisation (Australia) has a fact sheet listing what is used and includes this information:Certain viruses grown for use in vaccines require the use of ‘cell lines’. These cell lines (called human diploid cell lines – WI-38 and MRC-5) were originally derived from human fetal tissue. The vaccines manufactured using cell lines originally derived from fetal tissue include: rubella vaccine and MMR vaccine, hepatitis A vaccines, varicella vaccines, rabies vaccine, and oral polio (Sabin) vaccine. So that is in fact true.

Human diploid cells are batches of human cells that are grown in a laboratory. Unlike cancer cells, they have the same number of chromosomes as normal human cells.
    Certain diploid cell strains are valuable in vaccine manufacture because these cells can be used for a very long period of time in the laboratory and are a reliable means by which many viruses that infect humans can be successfully and easily grown.

Vaccines prepared in human diploid cells have proven to be very safe over the past several decades.
    Two different strains of human diploid cell cultures made from fetuses have been used extensively for vaccine production for decades. One was developed in the United States in 1961 (called WI-38) and the other in the United Kingdom in 1966 (called MRC-5).WI-38 came from lung cells from a female fetus of 3-months gestation and MRC-5 was developed from lung cells from a 14-week-old male fetus.

Both fetuses were intentionally aborted, but neither was aborted for the purpose of obtaining diploid cells. The fetal tissues that eventually became WI-38 and the MRC-5 cell cultures were removed from fetuses that were dead.

The cellular biologists who made the cell cultures did not induce the abortions.

These two cell strains have been growing under laboratory conditions for more than 35 years. The cells are merely the biological system in which the viruses are grown. These cell strains do not and cannot form a complete organism and do not constitute a potential human being. The cells reproduce themselves, so there is no need to abort additional fetuses to sustain the culture supply. Viruses are collected from the diploid cell cultures and then processed further to produce the vaccine itself.

That's why they're called a "live vaccine". The cells are grown in a laboratory. There's not a quota of abortions that they have to meet each week to keep making the vaccines.

It's similar to how penicillin was discovered and derived from pencillium mold, but you don't go eating mouldy bread to cure your infection.

I would also like to point out that the Vatican (home of the Catholic Church and morally, ethically and religiously against abortions) has made the following statement about these vaccinations.

A recent report from the Pontifical Academy for Life at the Vatican encourages pharmaceutical companies to seek alternatives to the development of vaccines linked with human fetuses, given the Catholic Church’s objections to cooperating with abortion
    . The report also points out that in the absence of an alternative, these vaccines may be utilized “to avoid a serious risk not only for one’s own children but also, and more specifically, for the health conditions of the population as a whole – especially for pregnant women.” The Vatican Academy also noted that “the parents who did not accept the vaccination of their own children become responsible for the malformations [due to rubella infection] in question.
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 08-06-2013 at 17:39.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (08-06-2013),Atropos  (08-06-2013),beebs  (08-06-2013),cantwait1  (10-06-2013),dancingchipmunk  (08-06-2013),HazTechDad  (09-06-2013),MissMuppet  (08-06-2013),risfaerie  (08-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pointing out the fact that fetal cells are used in the production of vaccines as people seem to believe this is a lie. That is all.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BohemianGypsy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (08-06-2013)