+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Yes, if you read further on, you would see that I realised that it would affect others and I changed my mind about it. Of course I don't want those who can't be vaxxed for whatever reason to get sick.

I am just sick to death of all the ridiculous excuses that anti vaxxers make.

You can't have it both ways. You cannot be an anti vaxxer and sit back thinking that nothing will happen, because it will. The rest of the world proves it.
    Now that is harsh, Selfish and bleeding harsh, on their own kids and everybody else.
    Yes, I've just read that. My apologies

But, indeed I agree with you, there are some horrendous reasons out there why peeps don't vaccinate, some of them are just laughable. However, as a delayed and selective vaxxer, I guess I proably agree with other reasons out there

*I can haz typos*

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's ok, I was just feeling particularly frustrated on account of having an argument with an anti vax friend and her friends on facebook. You should have seen the way they were getting on, seriously not enough tin foil in the world for that conversation. When I realised the implications of an epidemic here of course I changed my mine. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But something needs to happen. I don't know what, but some kind of wake up call...It is sooo frustrating. Especially when you can see these diseases making a come back due to lack of vaccination

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So if you catch Measles then you have a 1 in 5000 chance of getting one certain autoimmune disease, but if you get vaccinated for it then you have a 1 in 30,000 chance in getting it. ie, you have less of a chance of getting autoimmune disease from the vaccination than you do the wild virus.

Of course anti vaxxer argue that we don't have measles here anymore, but lets face it, it is only a matter of time, our vaccination rates a dropping, and all one needs to do is look at the rest of the Western world right now, there are all kinds of VPD epidemics all over the place right now. And our vax rates are almost the same as Liverpool, and they had a measles epidemic in 2011.

I've actually come around in my thinking, I actually want there to be an epidemic of something here, I think we need it. Me and my family will be well protected, and I think the anti vax movement needs to actually see what happens when a disease takes hold due to lack of vaccinations. A kick up the bum if you like. A famous quote re vaccinations is "vaccines are a victim of their own success" - that is just so true. 50 years ago no one questioned whether or not to vax, because polio was rife and completely devastating.
    The sad thing is ...if vax rates keep dropping (more then likely they will) we will be having an epidemic sooner then we think. I really don't think anti vax know how easily the **** can hit the fan!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2013),melab  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yeah, all those crazy conspiracy theories make my brain hurt! I'm just waiting for a tin foil shortage to happen

*I can haz typos*

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got an information book today for health professionals to address the myths and realities for arguments against immunisation.

The PDF copy is here if you're interested. It addresses the common myths and claims vaccination them in a concise, clear way (even if you don't have a medical background you should be able to understand it) along with what each of these diseases that we're vaccinating against actually do.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/im...yths-guideprov

Hopefully it will help everyone find the answers to the myths/realities that's been discussed on here.

(Of course it's produced by the government so don't think you can trust this information one little bit *wink wink* )
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 11-06-2013 at 17:07.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-06-2013),beebs  (11-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    (Of course it's produced by the government so don't think you can trust this information one little bit *wink wink* )
    That is exactly what the hardline anti vaxxers would say! If it was so awful it would be hilarious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Here you go Allie Pallie.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/im...t-l-comparison

Does anyone have a link to the cool one that has the little people in green orange and red?That is a really good link but I can't find it.

Unfortunately though Allie, a lot of the hardline anti vaxxers actually think that this is all a massive conspiracy, no amount of studies or graphs will change their minds because they are paranoid.

I posted a link of some stats from the dept of health the other day and an anti vaxxer scoffed and said that "the dept of health? Please, why don't you post something unbiased and isn't in the pockets of the big pharmas" You just can't reason with those types.

OMG, I felt sick reading that. The reactions to the vaccinations are either temporary, not severe or extremely uncommon, but the effects of contracting one of these diseases, freaks me out.

I don't understand why a parent would take that risk by not vaccinating their kids, those poor children!

TBH I don't care even if the conspiracy theories are true, I'd rather still not risk my daughters life even if the pharma companies make millions or the government want to secretly wipe out the planet etc etc etc.

BTW, has anyone seen how much the population is growing!. It really could do with a slow down!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been told several times that vaccines may have caused my son's autoimmune disease (along with a million other things ).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HazTechDad View Post
    That one is regularly promulgated by retired palaeontologist (and wannabe vaccination expert) Viera Scheibner.

Heavily studied and found to be false: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...64410X07002800
    Thank you

It's one I've never heard of before and made me do a double take when I saw the sign.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    THat is one of my pet peeves, and the autism thing. Of course Genes couldn't have anything to do with either of these things. I mean, the fact that both autoimmune diseaese and Autism run in families have nothing to do with genetics.

And, I found a paper in the Lancet the other day that showed that 1 in 5000 people who catch measles get a rare type of autoimmune disorder, but that 1 in 30,000 people who get the vaccination get the autoimmune disease. So actually Vaccination protects people from this autoimmune disease.

I mentioned it on here, of course anti vaxxers had no comeback to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I have been told several times that vaccines may have caused my son's autoimmune disease (along with a million other things ).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (14-06-2013)