+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SK2BC View Post
    Toddler bed is on its way

I have a referral but my GP knew nothing about the sleep school so I'm going to see a different GP who is also knowledgeable in children's health etc
    I got my referral from a MCH nurse from my local child health center. I came there to weight DS and had a casual chat about feeding and sleeping. Long story short, when they saw that I couldn't cope they gave me a referral. I got in really fast because there are people cancelling every week. There will be crying in sleep school but you don't have to deal with it all by yourself. There are information sessions that are useful and they provide food so you can focus on sleep training.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still yet to see another GP, mch etc as its hard with DH on shifts and I don't drive.

The toddler bed is on its way though!

The last few days she's been ok, won't have a bar of the cot at all, but she's been putting herself to sleep on the floor and not on me so that's always good, means I'm not stuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SK2BC View Post
    I'm still yet to see another GP, mch etc as its hard with DH on shifts and I don't drive.

The toddler bed is on its way though!

The last few days she's been ok, won't have a bar of the cot at all, but she's been putting herself to sleep on the floor and not on me so that's always good, means I'm not stuck!
    Hi,

How is it all going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still the same really, she does seem to be sleeping a little better (even if it is with me) doesn't wake as much and sleeps longer in the mornings.

I'll try and get to a dr next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great small victories first. I have been doing the same with my DS and nap time is always in the cot no matter what. Bed time is getting easier. He is still waking up but i just sit next to his cot and try and calm him and don't pick him up n its taken a lot of work but definitely an improvement. I just need a plan...i think's im going to look for some resources... because then DH and I can both have the same set of rules and it will just make things easier. I can't do it alone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found this great app on the app store. Its called "The baby whisperer' it was only 99cents. Im now using that. Gives a lot of guidance. Im using the tap method...Will give it a wk and see how it goes. Im happy with is so far. It actually incorporates a lot of the concepts the baby whisperer I paid $400 used, except she let my child cry for long periods and i don't think he is the kind of child that works for because she got no results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well for the past 2 nights, DD has been put in her cot at 8pm. She cries for about 10-20mins then sleeps for a bit wakes etc, stops crying around 10:30 and sleeps all night. but each night the crying is getting less AND I've slept in my own bed!!

She also slept till 8am this morning!!! Have no idea what's changed but apparently this is working so we are sticking to it! Fingers crossed my mum can stick to it tonight as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow !! Go baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats fantastic!!!! u deserve it! I used the app for bed time and just 'setting the scene' it has really made a difference so far. Bed time was so much easier. Im really going to stick to it.... this little one and those to come. I just found the info great and well worth the 99c. I now understand what the sleep association issues were... he is really learning the art of sleep! if i can call it an art lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks third night in a row!!! And according to my mum, who wasn't paying attention, she hasn't woken since going down!!

I'm scared its been so easy...