+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newcastle function room hire?

Hi, posted this a while back but freaking about weather for my outdoor baby shower. I've organised it for a park but would love a cheap, emphasising the cheap lol, back up just in case and was wondering if there were any Newy people in here who could help.

I want to be able to cater food but don't care if drinks must be purchased from the venue and don't need food stored or anything. Looking for afternoon, roughly 4 hours. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Eek! I'm also not a fan after sweating on many a forecast for outdoor birthday parties!

The only 'cheaper' option I can think of at the moment is the not-for-profit community organisations that have their own building and kitchen, ie. CWA rooms, guide halls, not sure what yacht clubs or community halls are like cost wise, church halls. A nice community hall would probably be the nicest, but unsure how much. Hopefully someone will post who has rented something like you are after.

Wow - just looked up a local hall hire and it was only $98 for children's parties, but went up to nearly $300 for private functions - ouch.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 26-05-2013 at 22:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, it's not looking too great. I have 40-50 women and children coming and need wheelchair access so it's a bit tricky to couple that wit somewhere cheap where I can cater myself as I want to cater it. Thinking its more trouble than its worth, we already have everything we need, but I've already half organised it for the park so have to keep going and just get a back up in place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop8818 View Post
    Yeah, it's not looking too great. I have 40-50 women and children coming and need wheelchair access so it's a bit tricky to couple that wit somewhere cheap where I can cater myself as I want to cater it. Thinking its more trouble than its worth, we already have everything we need, but I've already half organised it for the park so have to keep going and just get a back up in place.
    As far as I know most public/community centres have to have wheel chair access - it's just finding a cheap one. Most have kitchens, heating/cooling, bathrooms. Sometimes there are also additional rooms - not sure if a little extra - could have games, books, video on for kids.

Here's a link to local halls - it depends on how nice you want it as to how much you pay of course:

http://www.newcastle.nsw.gov.au/abou...tres_and_halls

We are currently trying to talk our eldest into another family b'day this year and choosing to do something special with a friend or two. We've had to post pone before - it's quite stressful when so much work goes into something. We also don't do it for the presents - we've even tried to say 'no presents' on the invites...didn't work!
    Last edited by Little Ted; 26-05-2013 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, yeah everyone keeps asking me what I want and I seriously want nothing, just everyone there lol

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The Mattara at Charlestown apparently has a good function room upstairs and is pretty reasonable - just google them, they have info on their website

Thanks
    Reviews
    They don't let you cater for yourself and that's what I'm aiming to do to keep costs down and also work around the fussy eaters. Thanks for the reply though