+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default What does success mean to you?

I'm genuinely interested to hear your honest definition of what success means to you.

Disclaimer: this is meant to be a light hearted thread with no judgement.

Also, I will add my meaning of success in a little while. I would like to hear what others think first.

Sent from my magical black talky thingy using bubhub

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depends.
    If you try then that's success to me but you need to not be bitter or unhappy with how it's turned out. Success is being happy with your achievements and your abilities and being proud of trying ^___^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to αληθη For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    To be happy, to me would be to have a solid happy marriage, for my children to feel loved and supported, to be financially secured.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Success to me is believing I am making a difference to the world even just on a small scale, that I am a role model or mentor to others, secure in myself and being a good wife, mother, friend and daughter. To me it's not about money or possessions but more about the impact that I have on others.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Success is being happy with what you have

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Means having a loving, happy home life with no financial worries.
    From a career point of view being respected in my job, earning an income so that we never worry about money, and being good at my job.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Night Owl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Having a happy balance in all aspects of life - family, work and health - you can be successful at work but not in your relationship and vice versa , all the money in the world can't buy you good health and love

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013),αληθη  (26-05-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think you can be successful in various areas in your life while not being so successful in others.

Being successful financially, to me, doesn't mean being as rich as Gina Reinhart, but about managing the money you do have well, and being able to pay for most things that you need to, even unexpected things (like if your car breaks down, you can fix it... not that you can go out and buy yourself a brand new Mercedes or anything).

Being successful in your career means being where you want to be. "The Top," is not where everyone wants to be... so they might find success in their career by simply being in their current position and enjoying it, not wanting to move up any further. I know working in the beauty industry is probably never seen as a "success," in general, but I'm happy to be working as a beauty therapist. I have no desire to climb to beauty therapist ladder and be the manager of a prestigious spa or anything. So not interested. But for others, they will feel successful only once they're in that role. So it depends on what the individual wants.

Relationships... some people seem to think of "marriage," as the final success, but marriage can easily end, or even if it doesn't it can be a pretty unhappy place to be. I would like to get married, but I feel that success in love is more about finding someone you're happy to spend most of your life with. Someone you can talk to, mutual respect, happiness, etc.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013),NewMrs  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Achieving the things that you wanted to and set out to accomplish.

And being happy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great question.

For me, success means becoming a person of value. It is from this success ensues.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happy wanderer For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (26-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (27-05-2013)