+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default A few random questions!

onsidering this is my second section I probably should know all of this already, but 4 years down the track I'm a little fuzzy on the first few days after we had DD.

We are scheduled to have DD2 at 9am on the 24th June (29 days WOOHOO!) at SJOG in Subiaco.

I have been reading the info the hospy sent me and it mentions that partners arent actually in the OR when they do the epi, but rather outside in the holding area.. I have rang my midwife and the labour ward and the Anesthetists rooms (just spoke to the ladies at the front desk as the Dr is away at the mo) and no one can tell me. DH was with me the whole time with our last section and held me while they did the epi and it freaks me out that he might not be allowed to be there this time.. Anyone know what the current policy is?

Also, how long after having the C did everyone get up/have a shower/get dressed? We are booked in at 9am but I have a feeling it wont be until the day or 2 after.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your hubby will be with you the whole time including having the epidural. Was at this hospital last week. You will be fine. you will be up and about the next day.
    Last edited by lilywithme; 26-05-2013 at 20:12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lilywithme For This Useful Post:

Team MK  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't speak for your hospital, but the hospital I work at, the partners wait in the waiting room until you are on the operating table, with drapes in place and ready to start.

We would try and get you up in the early evening if you're up to it or next morning at the latest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    This was my experience My Dh did not come in with me when I had my epi but it was really quick and Dh came in straight away straight after it after they had me on the table.
    i had my dd at 5 am in the morning and they got me up for a shower at 6 or 7pm that night. It was so painful but it helped me recover quicker. I think it would be up to you on how up to it you are on becoming mobile.
    That night the nurses helped with dd but the next night I was getting up to her aswell as the nurses helping every now and then when I asked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dh was with me. But it wasn't planned so I'm not sure if that is different.
    As for getting up. ..I had mine at 530pm and was up the next morning having a shower. I guess if it's the day and you are in the morning then you could be up by the afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My partner was in the theatre while I was getting the epidural. I remember it really clearly because even though my partner was there I was held by an older hippy looking male surgical nurse. I wanted to ask them if my partner could do it instead but I was wearing a gown with my back and bum hanging out so my care factor was much depleted and I decide that I would go with the flow.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 26-05-2013 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies! How can something feel so close and so far away all at once!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had mine at 7pm and was up at about 9am the next morning and had a quick shower. You might be able to get up that evening with a 9am booking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a csection at 9am and got up the next morning after breakfast. My hubby was with me when I had the spinal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH did not arrive until the ob was about to cut, but my sister was in the theatre when I had the epi. They actually let both my sister and DH watch the c section.This was SJOG Murdoch.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app