+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default An old friend of mine got married yesterday

So incredibly happy for her but a little sad as we arent friends anymore and it made me wish and get upset over a friendship that has ended. She was my best friend for quite awhile and due to stuff on both sdes the friendship ended.
    I did send her a congratulatory text though

anyone else been through anything similiar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I have with 2 of my best friends. 1 of them did the dirty on me and the other 1 took her side. So we had a falling out and became friends again but never the same. I still see one of them the other lives overseas, she came back here to get married and it was abit sad not to be involved. We have such different lives now tho ( 1 is still single and partying the other newlywed. Me married for 5year been together for 7 years with a 1yearold) , so even when we do see each other we don't have anything to talk about. I still miss them sometimes tho

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clowo22 For This Useful Post:

Lettabean  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thansk for replying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Strangely enough I have periods when I miss the friendship I had with my best friend. She had an affair with my (now ex) husband when I was 5 months pregnant with our second child. They are still together and it's been over 2 years. I feel I 'should' hate her. But I don't. I don't want the friendship back and I hate that she sees my boys every week. But I do understand that reminiscing about good times stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness that's terrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep I've been there too so I understand how u feel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've never had a friend like my best friend a few years ago. I haven't had a best friend since, even though I have had friends I adore, it's not the same.

Our friendship broke down when she was getting married. She went a bit bridezilla, and I didn't have the patience or time to put up with it and just suck it up until the wedding was over as I broke up with my daughter's father and had to deal with all the crap that came with becoming a single, unemployed mother of a 2-year-old.

We've tried to sort of rekindle it, but it doesn't work. Stuff has changed. We're different people. I don't miss her, as in, how she is these days... but I miss what we had in our friendship and how well we both used to work as we were back then.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My best friend took my ex husbands side when I left him. Wrote an affidavit saying I was a nut job defrauding centerlink and on medication.

She got married earlier this year, after cutting ties with my ex husband because her fiance was suspicious.

I didn't feel bad I wasn't invited, I feel bad her new husband will get rolled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a best friend who was there for me during my miscarriages, it was only after I started coming out of my fog of grief that I found out she had told my sister that I didn't want to see her or my nephew (who I am close to and had a break down over my lost babies) and a group of us went away for a girls weekend and she said my DH had told her if she needed money to ask me which I should of double checked but stupidly didn't and believed her. Also found out that our group of friends weren't shutting me out like I thought she was telling them I didn't like them. I broke all ties with her when all this came to light but when I found out she was pregnant again I sent her a congratulations message, even though she hurt me I still miss our coffee dates and chats and am genuinely happy for her but I won't set myself up to be treated like that again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My childhood BFF and I still laugh together a lot online, but I think if I lived near her that we wouldn't be friends really, our lives are too different and her mental health issues would drown me.

She hurt me badly and altered the course of my life significantly.

I treasure the memories and the easy online relationship we have now.