+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkydunks View Post
    I've been using the intensive repair one and find it great. I was put onto it by another hubber who is a hairdresser and haven't looked back. I use less of it than most other brands so the extra cost is cancelled out.

I seem to become a bit of a brand snob with Dove though. I bought the body wash and it's made my skin so soft so I thought I'd try their 2 in 1 cleanser and it's helping my acne already (only been using it for 3 days). Now I've bought the face moisturiser.
    I'll have to give the cleanser a go as well. Anything to help get rid of acne

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dove body wash and dove soaps are the best!

I do admit to rotating some shampoos though - including a Garnier Fructis one which is silicon free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    So it makes thick, pain-in-the-bum hair manageable? I might try this for DD...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I will have to give this a try. I have thick frizzy curly long hair and nothing seems to tame it apart from loads of mousse lol

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hate giving 100% guarantee Sassy, I'll say on the two people in this thread who have tried it who have thick pain-in-the-bum hair, have found it good.

On another note, my DD has thin-fine-always sticking together-prone to knots hair - any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    My hair is thick, curly (well, straightish on top with loose ringlets at the bottom) and frizzy city. It really has helped my hair become more manageable.

For fine hair I'm not sure. I used Cherub Rub when DS was little and it was great on his hair. These days he likes the organic care 3 in 1 and it seems ok on his hair but he has fairly manageable hair anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingchipmunk View Post
    I'll have to give the cleanser a go as well. Anything to help get rid of acne
    Ideally something with salicylic acid is going to help you. Glycolic acid would be a great idea too. Look at the ingredients though - if these ingredients are at the bottom, they've added a miniscule amount which won't do anything. Which will most likely be the case with any supermarket brands.

Vitamin C is another fabulous ingredient that will help. In a product. A serum would be good for this.

Avoid anything that says "sodium laurel (or laureth) sulphate." That's nasty stuff you do not want on your skin.

And invest in a good pre-cleanser (oil-based) to use BEFORE you use your standard cleanser. Trust me, your skin will thank you!

And... avoid makeup that isn't mineral? (And again - check ingredients. Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxide and Mica are good. Bismuth Oxychloride and Talc = bad. Minerals won't clog your pores, meaning less change of worsening the acne, while still covering it. But the ingredients about... if it has those, and avoid the bad ones, it should be good. If it just says "mica," or something at the end of an ingredient list, it's full of crap with just enough mineral in it to allow it to call itself a mineral make-up without offering the benefits!).

(Can you tell what I do for a living? )

Good luck!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (26-05-2013),IncyWincy  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    So it makes thick, pain-in-the-bum hair manageable? I might try this for DD...
    For me, definitely yes.
    Even Dh was surprised when I told him I only ironed a small section of my hair instead of every layer.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

SassyMummy  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    The ingredients of the cleanser & toner are:

water, sodium cocoyl isethionate, decyl glucoside, glycerin, peg-7 glyceryl, cocoate, glycol stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, polyquaternium-10, stearic acid, aminomethyl propanol, peg-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, peg-14m, tetradibutyl pentaerythrityl, hydroxyhydrocinnamate, disodium edta, dmdm hydantoin, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

crikey that was a challenge lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chunkydunks For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (26-05-2013)