+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Adelaide couple seek generous egg donor

Hello. We are an Adelaide couple who, after four failed IVF cycles, have been told egg donor is our only option. Our names are Clare and Ben.

We have had second opinions, which truthfully, have helped to make our new journey more clear. Ideally, we would like to have a connection with our donor and involve her in our child's future.

We were married in October last year but have been together for nearly three years. We have a lovely home in the hills and pets that we love.

If you would like to learn more, please reply or e mail Clare at clare.b@optusnet.com.au.

Thank you

Clare and Ben
    Last edited by Clarice; 06-06-2013 at 19:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do u have an email address

Sent from my LG-E612 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clare and Ben,

As an egg donor my advice to you if you haven't already is to place a thread on egg donation Australia. (I can't remember if I have seen you on there, I'm trying to stay out of the donor required threads as I'm already committed to a cycle) there are quite a number of donors looking for intended parents at the moment and it is also a great place for support.

Wishing you all the best on your journey.
    Amelia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear Amelia,

Thank you for contacting us and offering that advice. I did place an ad on the EDA website as well as Aussie Egg Donars and Egg Donor Angels. We also have an ad going in to Adelaide Child. As a donor yourself, would you mind telling me what you look for in potential recipients? I just try to be myself and be honest but I am not sure I am presenting myself in the best possible light? Thank you Clare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clare,

A few really big things for me were activity on the forums (many donors spend weeks following recipients activity to get a better idea of who you are) so be as supportive as you can. A huge turnoff is an overly negative ad, we understand you have had a rough ride to get here and a donor is not your first choice but we are offering hope so we want you to be looking forward to the future not dwelling on the past.

Basically I wanted the chance to bring hope and love to a family so i needed to know you saw this as an opportunity not a last resort. I would seriously consider looking interstate (all 3 of my cycles have been interstate) as it seems a large number of matches are from donors in different states.

Most of all just stay positive and make some friendships, sometime soon it will just click with someone. My next cycle I hadn't even planned to offer to the ips I was talking to, had just been offering support and advice and it just all fit together. I am extremely lucky to have a great set of intended parents who have been willing to wait until my current cycle finishes.

Mel (beautiful hope) has also written a few great what not to do threads on EDA that many donors contributed to writing.

Wishing you all the best
    Amelia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Clare,
    When are you looking at starting? ASAP?
    I would love to be an egg donor but am currently waiting to find out if I'm pregnant myself. Perhaps I could be your backup
    PM me if you want to keep in touch. All the very best with your journey!