+ Reply to Thread
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Design Your Baby

I was just looking at my son, and thinking about how from the nose up he looks exactly like me, and from the nose down he looks like DH. Then my mind wandered...

If it were PC, and possible, to choose which traits your child inherited from whom, what would you choose? Here's my answer:

Me: literacy/numeracy, public speaking, compassion, musicality, optimism, ability to finish what I start, sense of humour, creativity.

DH: spatial awareness, athleticism and strength, patience, pragmatism, honesty, trustworthiness, metabolism, willpower.

Obviously all I want is for my son to be happy. But I'd love to hear what you think about your little ones...

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me: assertiveness, loyalty, good health, love of reading, ability to see the big picture
    DP: patience, amiability, metabolism, creativity, problem solving.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From me: my eyes, and my spiritual connection to country and animals

From DH: everything else

While i was preg with DS, I went thru a phase where i hoped he was dark like my fam, but they are far better off being the pale blondies that they are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    From me: My communication skills, resourcefulness, optimism, can-do attitude, and physically my nose and dark eyes. Oh, and my love of reading!

From DH: patience, athleticism, determination, ability to fix anything, complexion (he's tanned all year round), hair (very thick), and height.

But of course I will love my children and think they're perfect as they are bub number one is due in 9 weeks, and I'm so excited to see what traits he gets from each of us!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me: my sense of humour
    DH: everything else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me - compassion, love of reading, curiosity. Physically - eyes, metabolism, hair

Df - determination, sense of humour, sense of self worth. Physical - height, strength, smile nose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me - confident, assertive, empathetic
    DH - calm, friendly, athletic, funny
    Luckily DS already looks like a mini DH

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sam4frankie View Post

But of course I will love my children and think they're perfect as they are!
    Of course you will 😃 I agree, it is exciting to see...