+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I had a miscarriage, I did not heed Dr advice, we tried as soon as bleeding stopped and I felt well. I didn't get AF, as I fell pregnant immediately (had 2 m/c prior) that pregnancy resulted in my now 2 year old boy. I figured if I felt good why not start trying again, glad that I did, I must have been very fertile. You all are too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We were told to wait until after the first AF post D&C before trying again. I think because the lining wouldn't be at it's best.

I am about 2.5 weeks past D&C now and I think I ovulated on Saturday so hoping AF is just about 2 weeks away now. We are keen to start trying again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    I've kinda put finding out on hold for the moment. Waiting for Ob to contact me as we sent referral off to them for an appointment (GP ordered tests) he said I could go back to him to discuss if I wanted to and I am in 2 minds about going. DP and I go on a 10day trip on Friday and kinda don't wanna put a dampener on our holiday. But on the other hand I want to know also. So I was going to call today and see if an appointment with GP is available this week and if not will wait til we are back week after next. I'm not sure how long it takes for chromosomal testing to come back either.
    I'm not sure either......I would imagine it would be quite distracting waiting for the results on your holiday!

Maybe take that time to *try* and relax and enjoy yourself. Keep us posted x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addison View Post
    When I had a miscarriage, I did not heed Dr advice, we tried as soon as bleeding stopped and I felt well. I didn't get AF, as I fell pregnant immediately (had 2 m/c prior) that pregnancy resulted in my now 2 year old boy. I figured if I felt good why not start trying again, glad that I did, I must have been very fertile. You all are too!
    I feel the same way (if it feels good....!).....and really I'm of two minds about it. I think that waiting would be a positive for us (we had only been trying for just over a couple of months when we fell, and I was super worried all the time! It was ironic as as soon as I decided to chillax -after a chat with DH- that we got our bfp) - to regroup and heal not just physically but emotionally as well.

We're quite keen to get on with it though! We'll see how we go - I'm not a fan of condoms (sorry if tmi haha) so if it happens, it happens. And if not we'll be raring to go come August! Might plan a mini vay-cay for around that time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    We were told to wait until after the first AF post D&C before trying again. I think because the lining wouldn't be at it's best.

I am about 2.5 weeks past D&C now and I think I ovulated on Saturday so hoping AF is just about 2 weeks away now. We are keen to start trying again.
    Yup I think (advice to wait) is probably a mix of physical/mental healing/dating.....we're keen as well, but I trust my doc.....we'll see what happens! Let us know how you go

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my first miscarriage I waited til after I got my period then tried again, fell straight away, but then that one also ended in miscarriage. It's been just over a week since I had the d&c and I'm still feeling pretty messed up so I think I'll be waiting a few months before trying again. If the next one doesn't work out I don't think I could bear it just yet. So I think you just need to listen to yourself and when you are ready you'll know.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to honey gold For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by honey gold View Post
    So I think you just need to listen to yourself and when you are ready you'll know.
    This is true. I feel ready but tbh, it's nice not stressing about ttc. DH and I bd this morning, didn't use protection and afterwards DH had this kind of sheepish look on his face, and I said nope - I'm not gonna worry about it. If we fall pregnant while we're not really trying to - perfect. I was getting so stressed out before, and we had only been ttc for less than 3 months!

If we miscarry next time I feel (now) like I would definitely want to wait for a little while before ttc again. But it's hard to say for sure.

I'm so sorry for your loss. xx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app