+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default TTC after miscarriage - to wait or not to wait?

Hi everyone

DH and I started ttc in late January of this year......after a bfp mid April had miscarriage at approx 5 weeks.....my ob said to wait until I have 2 or three cycles after hcg returns to zero before ttc again. And we are planning to (although I'm not going to be obsessive and crazy about it - I was like that when we were actively ttc!).....my question is, did you wait after your loss to try again, or were you advised to? What happened? How do you feel about waiting or not waiting? All stories welcome. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi littleduck I am really sorry for your loss

The 2 times I mc I was told to wait 6 weeks until I could TTC again...although like you I was a little baby obsessed and I couldn't wait. I think they mostly tell you to wait just in case you get a positive and it is actually just left over hcg from the previous pregnancy.

good luck with your TTC journey

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for you loss xo
    We were told to wait for one period to come as its easier to date the pregnancy and ensure it is a new pregnancy and not an issue from the first. Our ob said there's not really a reason to wait 3 months, unless you feel you need it for mental reasons. It worked for us after my first mc we waited for one period and then fell right away which ended up in my dd we are having more problems trying for #2 though...
    There have been studies that show you are most fertile in the 6 months after an mc. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies mind if I join? We have had to put TTC on hold somewhat as MC #4 occurred Mother's Day. Taking it a little harder ATM as our 11 week angel should of been making an entrance into our lives right about now. Also found out right around now I was expecting my DS who was stillborn a couple years ago. So many anniversaries all rolled into 1.

I've had a whole heap of blood taken 2 weeks ago testing for a whole range of things that I am waiting for answers to find out if its me that's the problem as to why I can't stay pregnant as our 11week angel there were wasn't any chromosomal abnormalities.

We weren't told we couldn't try but I can't keep putting myself through this heartache. So it's a catch 22 for me.

They only advise to wait a cycle or 2 so dating the pregnancy is easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say try as soon as you want to or are ready. And if that's straight away, why not? I have had an early m/c like you (3 actually) and honestly I wanted to keep trying until I got that bfp

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was only told to wait one cycle after mine I think so the lining is nice and thick for a baby to implant and stick, its up to you of course whenever you feel ready but I think it would also be extra worry and confusion if you try and get a positive test and not knowing if it is left over hcg or new pregnancy, if you wait for first AF then you will know when to expect your next one and will be easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    Hi ladies mind if I join? We have had to put TTC on hold somewhat as MC #4 occurred Mother's Day. Taking it a little harder ATM as our 11 week angel should of been making an entrance into our lives right about now. Also found out right around now I was expecting my DS who was stillborn a couple years ago. So many anniversaries all rolled into 1.

I've had a whole heap of blood taken 2 weeks ago testing for a whole range of things that I am waiting for answers to find out if its me that's the problem as to why I can't stay pregnant as our 11week angel there were wasn't any chromosomal abnormalities.

We weren't told we couldn't try but I can't keep putting myself through this heartache. So it's a catch 22 for me.

They only advise to wait a cycle or 2 so dating the pregnancy is easier.
    So sorry for your losses....

when will you find out the results from your bloods? Hopefully they'll give you some information to move forward with....let us know how you go please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy86 View Post
    I was only told to wait one cycle after mine I think so the lining is nice and thick for a baby to implant and stick, its up to you of course whenever you feel ready but I think it would also be extra worry and confusion if you try and get a positive test and not knowing if it is left over hcg or new pregnancy, if you wait for first AF then you will know when to expect your next one and will be easier
    True. I drove myself crazy (and confused DH!) by taking quite a few hpt's, every one of them pos, although you could see the line getting darker then lighter. Will have another bt this Wednesday to see how the hc is dropping.....is it true tha while there's remaining hcg in your blood AF won't show?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that is proabaly right when I had my mc my AF started about a week or two after my levels had dropped down to nothing. Good luck little duck I hope to see some exciting news from you soon .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to happy86 For This Useful Post:

littleduck  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've kinda put finding out on hold for the moment. Waiting for Ob to contact me as we sent referral off to them for an appointment (GP ordered tests) he said I could go back to him to discuss if I wanted to and I am in 2 minds about going. DP and I go on a 10day trip on Friday and kinda don't wanna put a dampener on our holiday. But on the other hand I want to know also. So I was going to call today and see if an appointment with GP is available this week and if not will wait til we are back week after next. I'm not sure how long it takes for chromosomal testing to come back either.