+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't read the replies;

We got pregnant with DD2, when DH was out of work and only doing drips and drabs here and there.. The pregnancy forced us to get serious about him finding permanent stuff and it worked

We fell pregnant with this bub when we were financially a bit messy more outgoing then incoming.. Its forced us to clean it up which has worked pretty well and free'd us up financially.

So for some reason we seem to do better when pregnancy arrises, i think it gives us a kick in the backside.

However last bub.. No more pregnancies to kick us so were on our own now! Lol

~Isla Rohmaine arriving sept 2013 and a baby makes 3!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going for it and hoping for the best. May have missed this cycle though :-( oh the nerves and excitement of ttc. My first was a lovely surprise, second was planned but I was breast feeding so took ages. Hope it happens quickly for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachie81 View Post
    I'm going for it and hoping for the best. May have missed this cycle though :-( oh the nerves and excitement of ttc. My first was a lovely surprise, second was planned but I was breast feeding so took ages. Hope it happens quickly for me
    Good luck!!! And congrats for when you do get your BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is slowly financially starting to work out 2 and a bit years later.
    Im not going into details as its a long boring story but we had debts while i was pregnant with our first (unplanned) baby. If it was not for the baby bonus we would be up **** creek without a paddle. We used the baby bonus to pay off our debts as much as i hated doing that, we had to. We got all baby stuff handed down from family so we did not need to actually BUY anything at all for the first year of DD's life and while i was pregnant.
    So 2 and a bit years on we still owe the bank $1000 but that's it. We finally have more money coming in that going out.
    We struggled, but we managed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck 3 years ago tomorrow we had our first and I returned to work when she was 7 weeks old to make ends meet as DH was out of work, 13 months later I had DD2 and had 5 months off work without hitting struggle street, roll on 17 months later and we've had number 3 and I've had 9 months off work and we are still afloat. I go back to work in 1 week and once I'm back we will be saving 1k a fortnight to build up a security buffer

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are financially struggling and it stops us doing a lot of things we would like to do. I wasn't going to let that stop us having the family we want though.
    We have a 19 month old son and I'm 26 weeks pregnant with twins. We are in the (long) process of selling our house so we can save money by renting, we sold both of our "fun" cars (we had four cars between us), we are going through all our stuff and selling what we don't need, getting as much second hand things as possible or I'm making things myself for the twins, and we are really cutting down our spending.
    It is scary but I know that we will make it work

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is me. Just built a 2 bedroom townhouse. Yes 2 bedroom. The council were being tight. My older daughters are sharing. We have put a lot of money into the house so moving is not an option right now. Within two weeks of moving in, I fell pregnant with baby 3. I am studying, so on one income and we have to apply for permits to covert the garage to another bedroom so we can all fit in here. Baby is due in march and to be honest, I am not stressed. We will figure it out! No body will go without food, clothing or shelter. All will be ok :-)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickychickpea For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (30-06-2013),Eko  (30-06-2013)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a poor little uni kid and fell pregnant, so not ideal haha but things are working out budgeting is my best friend these days lol.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Ours was planned but my DH had issues with his job that meant a major pay drop at the end of my pregnancy and we were facing him not being able to take time off when baby came...

In our case, we sorted everything out and everything worked out for us and we're back on track now (DS3 is 2 5 weeks old)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app