+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Did you fall pregnant when you really couldn't afford it? Did it "all work out"

So, I see threads on here occassionally about unplanned pregnancies(2nd, 3rd, 4th pregnancies) where money has been a major factor causing stress. Most of the responses are "it will all work out in the end" etc as a form of comfort maybe

My question is, did it all work out in the end?
    Did your mortgage get paid? did you rack up credit card debts? was it stressful? I assume you all love the child you got, but would you do it all again in your 'ideal life'

I ask because we have no savings, we use DH's wage for mortgage and mine for food, bills etc (DH can contribute a bit to what I cant pay and the paid parental leave will help for 18 weeks, but then i'd have to go back to work... not ideal!) I really want another baby... was supposed to start trying last night, but money freaked me out! I've been talking about this baby since my last baby, but get anxiety at the thought of 'losing everything' etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumpity bump!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't have much time to write will come back later but yes we struggled having our children financially at first but now pulled it all together. The key to it all is budgeting and learning your limits. Cut up the credit cards and only live off what you earn.
    We now have 4 children and live very comfortably but it took a few years to get here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not helpful I know but if you wait till you can afford it you might need IVF, which isn't cheap! Not sure on your age, I'm just a big believer in not waiting (my bubba was IVF).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-05-2013),steel magnolia  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    We were renting, I'd just lost my job and gone back on benefits and we were behind a bit on bills. We pulled through though and DS has always had everything he's needed. DH has tried to work at different times but he's disabled. I've only found secure work 3 months ago. We have no savings as yet and we're still renting (and have moved around a fair bit to chase cheaper rents) but we're happy, fed and the bills are paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yes.
    It all worked out great. You just learn to adjust. We have to 6 kids on one low income we manage. Our kids never go without any important things. They go to a private school and we are building a big 7 bedroom house (all be it very slowly )
    The eldest one is now off at uni
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    thankyou everyone for you replies... Its such a tricky one. You never do know what is around the corner, and for some people its not always positive! Its good to hear that it has been fairly good for you guys :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    It was only 3 days after separating from XH that I found out I was pregnant with DD (baby number three). I stressed big time about finances but in the end, it was fine. Money is still an issue but my kids are clothed, fed and don't go without much. I also send my school aged boys to a private school. I have zero savings and lay awake at night sometime crying about money but almost 4 years on from having DD and I have never regretted welcoming her into my heart <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What's the saying "when the why is big enough the how doesn't matter"?

You make it work because not making it work means small people don't get fed.

In some regards it's been stressful, but it's just money. We've cut back, we made sacrifices, we went without a car for 2 years because we couldn't afford one. But it's never really been *that bad* as in, we've always have food, clothes, a home, we've never been without anything we truly needed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (27-05-2013),thesmallestmeasure  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Though our first pregnancy was the unplanned one.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app