+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Mum2be.. I am 40 to, so I know what you mean... We know the clock has almost stopped ticking, but just knowing that a pregnancy was possible after do long Ttc last time made us believe miracles can happen..
    Like you.. Heart says YES.. But mind is still considering the options.. Hence my previous post my DH says it's too early for him to make that call..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies,

I'm TTC again soon i lost my little one in Oct after trying for a year. I had surgery it Sept, i have only mild Endo & my right tube was blocked and Dr Lok cleared it. I fell pregnant straight away in Oct but only after 2 days of knowing i was preg i lost the baby. The doctors won't do any tests to check things because it has only been 1 miscarriage so i'm just taking all my vitamins and doing acupuncture in the mean time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GabberQueeN83 the two easiest to check tests are diabetes and thyroid, they are both a blood test, require fasting. You can ask your GP to do those... If any thing is detected in those test, they are easily able to support you with those in conceiving. You can ask because you just want to do a general health check... Some miscarriages are a result of abnormalities in the formation of the embryo. The doctors explained this when I had my first missed miscarriage. That doesn't seem to answer all the questions raised when it happens, mainly Why?

I feel so emotional at he moment, two years ago I was satisfied with my son, but then I accidentally fell pregnant on the pill with my new partner... It took a good few weeks to accept it, as I am a planner and then I miscarried. I was angry with my life then because why bless us with a miracle only to strip it from us. We then talked about trying again when we moved into the house we were building. I felt the timing was perfect, an opportunity to have the perfect baby... The recent miscarriage makes me feel like I may never have another child, and that feels like a kick in the guts.

I returned to work on Wednesday, I have jumped on the treadmill of life and I am running busily with my work demands... But on the inside I am in turmoil. I am finding this one difficult to cope with, I become teary at work, I really can't take time off as I took off ten days already... We booked a holiday last week, fly drive NZ north island for two weeks after Christmas. I am hoping that break will do us good, and somewhere under the long white cloud, we can talk about our plans for the future and whether that includes a little one... My partner hasn't any children of his own, he was excited both times but he has said he is okay if it's not meant to be... I don't know if I can.

Huge hugs to others in the same situation.
    Last edited by mumtobe36yo; 14-11-2013 at 21:24. Reason: Damn autocorrect

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mumtobe36yo For This Useful Post:

GabberQueeN83  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mumtobe36.. My DH had always said ( during our 10yrs TTC ) that he was ok if it didn't happen .. Then when it finally did .. OMG!! So doting and protective.. Every day for the forts 3weeks he would ask.. Have you taken your vitamins.. Several times a day he would ask how I was feeling.. Don't get me wrong.. I loved it!!
    The point is.. They don't realize how much they want it til it happens..
    Now after our loss, it is devastating to both .. And it is hard to make the decision wether to try again or not.. The break will do you both good.. We took a quick trip to see his family and some close mutual friends after our loss, and it gave us some time to come to terms with the initial loss, and now we meet with the gyno next week, and get some info to help us decide where we can go from here( hopefully)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Well im booked in for a hygroscopy and lap along with dye test ect to triple check ny tubes are nice and clear. I had a separate uterus which I had a big operation for and ny ob nake ny uteri into one uterus, I still have a double cervix tho.

We lost two bubs one last year in November and the next I one was in February. Im really hoping for a bfp are this lap, they are just reviewing everything since the op in April. I just wish the surgeon fee wasn't $1500

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @maturemum1501 - I hope you get some answers and support. I also broached with my partner tonight about getting his sperm checked... He responded if it's meant to be, it will be, but I got defensive and said, but if your swimmers aren't okay, then it will never be! I think it's easily checked, give a sample and pathology checks whether they are good or not, isn't it? I said if something came up, I could accept it, and we can move on, but I want to try one more time, and I want to have the best possible chance for it to be alright. I am having tests and taking vitamins can't he get a check up too?
    @Tiffanyandco - it's very expensive but it never stops costing. It hits the pockets and the heart strings. I do hope you get a BFP, after all you have been through. Fingers crossed for a sticky baby.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mumtobe36yo For This Useful Post:

maturemum1501  (17-11-2013),Pprom.mama  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. Yea in plubic it was always free but even tho im on private health and top cover I seem to have to pay outta pocket sucks because I just payed $1600 for my kittens surgey 3 weeks ago after a car hit him.....never ending

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont know where i fit in. Not in a DIG anymore, not trying to conceive yet... Trying to decide where I fit in but I haven't BD since the miscarriage... Firstly I was bleeding and now, I don't know whether I should discuss with my partner contraception or what... We are going away Boxing Day for a fortnight and that's when we decided to talk about moving forward. But I know my partner wants to, he has been wanting to for a week and we have just done other stuff.
    If I didn't know my chances of miscarrying were 60%, I think we would just continue to try...

secondly... What was your first period like after miscarrying. I bled for 10 days, and then stopped and then for a week, I had a brownish discharge... It was like what a period may start like but never really bled, and it would have been when I would have had my period if I never fell pregnant...

Anyway just wanted to put it out there for someone to maybe answer as it's not like something I can talk about with real life friends...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mum to be: the decision to move forward is not an easy one for anyone to make after a loss.. And it is as individual as you are.. You need to be in the right head space.. I came to this sight for the same reason.. To talk to other prospective mums who have been through it..
    I am not sure if I can answer your Q,s about first period.. I bled alot longer after the D&C so I think mine may have melded into 1? But then 5 days after I stopped, I had the brown discharge for just 1day.. Not too heavy.. Then nothing the last 2days so I am not sure if that was the start of another period .. Or just leftover from procedure???
    I had a scan done a week ago, that showed all clear inside my uterus, and that the wall of my uterus was at normal thickness, and a follicle in one of my overies that was said to be a good indication that I had ovulated.. This was good news as it meant that my body had begun returning to normal but until I get my first proper period on it's own, I will still be cautious too..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone sorry haven't been here. Had a lap ect and found endo which was removed and a cyst on left tube which was removed. Ive never had endo before I think it must have started after my uterine reconstruction due to being on estrogen pills because it wasnt there in april. This cycle has been very painful so im glad they found the culprit and devo it was endo cuz im 24. He said we are good to go when I o at the end of dec so fx.