+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with VP.

And I'm not sure if this has been said already but isn't home and away supposed to be a family friendly tv show? 7pm is early enough for older children to still be awake. I don't really think they need to be programmed at such an early age to believe that looking good involves next to no clothing.

Id prefer to watch roo rocking her maxi dresses!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

Chunkydunks  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Tellers Old Lady View Post
    I disagree, I am 32 which I consider young. I enjoy wearing short shorts in summer because I feel good in them. I have a partner of 13 years and I sure as hell don't want to attract another as I'm still painfully training the one I have. In another ten years I hope to still be feeling good in shorts. My belief is a woman wears what she feels good in not to get laid.
    Agreed. I have been with dh for 20yrs. I am fortunate to have the body I did pre kids and can still wear what I used to. I wear what I'm comfortable in, that could be short shorts or a sarrong over my bikini bottoms with mid riff showing, a short backless dress with a slit up the thigh to the races but I certainly don't wear anything just to get attention from the male species.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 27-05-2013 at 16:10.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Sure h&a is supposed to be a family show, but its themes sure aren't for younger children. I can censor that, I don't have my tv on that channel at that time.

As for the fashions, we see the same when in coastal suburbs in summer. Never seen those fashions as general street wear though.

When we talk about short fashions, sure I don't like shorts that show buttocks, or tops that are cut away enough to show nipple or whatever. Honestly would be happy if someone could censor some peoples streetwear, because you can encounter a lot worse on the street

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babycart View Post
    like this Allie Pallie??

<a href="http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2011/03/discrimination-at-workplace.html" target="_blank">http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2011/03/discrimination-at-workplace.html</a>
    Haha, yes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BunInMyOven View Post
    Completely disagree with this. I am 27 and am happily partnered. Generally I dress reasonably conservatively but occasionally on a night out I will wear something about more revealing. I do generally stick with the legs or boobs rule however. There's nothing wrong with being comfortable with your figure and feeling sexy without it being your main mission to find a mate.
    Please re read my other posts detailing my theory. If you're partnered, 27 and only ocassionally show a bit of skin my theory doesn't apply to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was out on a date on the weekend and we passed through King St in Melbourne's CBD. I'd say 80% of the girls were wearing skirts/dresses that short. My fella and I thought it looked pretty bad.

But at 'Summer Bay' just going home from the beach I don't see a huge problem. She's got the body for it and it's a beach...no big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm going to stick to the original topic and say why not. Pre kids when I had the body for it yeah I'll admit I was in booty shorts a lot, short dresses. I wouldt even dream of it now lol

Its summer bay and let's face it a beach based show and realistically it is what youngsters are wearing nowadays. I personally wouldn't want to be behind her if she bent over but imo its no diff to the bum cheek shorts most girls where everywhere.

If you have the fgure or your comfortable then in the end go for gold.

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=YvxNg...%3DYvxNgdFeWqM

Sent from my PP4MT-7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Please re read my other posts detailing my theory. If you're partnered, 27 and only ocassionally show a bit of skin my theory doesn't apply to you.
    There seems to be a fair few on this thread who dont fit your theory, and none who've admitted to doing so in their younger years. You seem to be adding more criteria to your theory as these people reply

So can I clarify, your theory is that young (specifically around 18), girls who wear skimpy clothes all the time (assumption as you can't know how often they wear that type of clothing from seeing them once), remind you of prostitutes and pron stars and are only doing so to attract a mate by wearing something which will "get their rocks off"?

It just seems that any person who says they wear skimpy clothes, but do it for comfort, or that they aren't doing it to attract a partner or whatever, is explained away by making your criteria more specific.

I've suggested that different groups of people like different ways of dressing and therefore skimpy clothing isn't going to attract them.

I'm still perplexed about the pron star /prostitute reference made in the original post.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 28-05-2013 at 15:58.