+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Look we have different views on this. Time to just accept it. Threads can change course that's ok too.
    Sure threads change course, but you were the op and set the course. Your original post compared how the girl was dressed to banning online pron. The course change went to 18 year old girls dressing to attract in night clubs.

Sure our opinions on why people dress as they do differs, but I still cannot fathom in any way how a girl in a bikini in a scene of a beach set series in Australia could be compared to online pron.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    Sure threads change course, but you were the op and set the course. Your original post compared how the girl was dressed to banning online pron. The course change went to 18 year old girls dressing to attract in night clubs.

Sure our opinions on why people dress as they do differs, but I still cannot fathom in any way how a girl in a bikini in a scene of a beach set series in Australia could be compared to online pron.
    I'm afraid you're going to have to read over my previous answers to this because I am sick of explaining the same thing over and over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Too short for the street/work?
    Attached Images

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My opinion is that the posting of that pic is a big contrast to the original one which is the one you said reminded you about the pron thread.

This one - sure, I might agree with you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    So you feel the same way about cleavage that you do about short shorts and short skirts/dresses?
    I have a line that I would consider "absolutely inappropriate," for both. It's also a time-and-place issue for me. Like a funeral. Nobody needs to see your tits or your upper thighs at a funeral. Ever.

But really, if the skirt/shorts are so short your bum is visible and your vagina is about 1cm away from hanging out the bottom, it's time to buy some new clothes. If your nipple is at risk of popping out (or actually is popping out), then it's time to buy some better-fitting clothes.

So yeah, I guess. I draw a line for both.

I am personally okay with myself showing cleavage. It's a bit difficult not to when you have a large cup-size, unless you're into turtle-necks (which do cover cleavage, but IMO, emphasise the size). I don't wear short skirts or shorts because I have lost weight and have saggy skin that I am very self-conscious of.

Regardless, my nipple has never popped out, and while I'd love to own short shorts, I'd not be wearing them so short you could see where my bum joins my thigh.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-05-2013),dancingchipmunk  (27-05-2013),SoThisIsLove  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I never said my theory applied to 100% of the population. As a woman who was engaged at 18 Id say that you were in the minority and as a result weren't a real strong candidate for my theory.

You don't have to agree with me, I don't care. But I have not changed my mind. I think that the majority of young *non married/engaged* girls who dress scantily are trying to pull a bit of action. You just have to look at the 20 inch stilettos that accompany the bum eating dresses to know comfort isn't their primary objective.

What a generalisation! Although I've never been one for boobs and bum on show, many friends have... At 18, the majority don't dress that way to get some action. They dress that way because they are following their peers, they still have the body to do so, it's fashion, they feel comfortable, and *occasionally* because they want to pick up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not exactly but close. I'm saying the majority of the time when a young person dresses scantily they are trying to attract a mate. When an older person does it, it's most likely for comfort/purpose.- you may or may not fit in with the majority mentioned in my theory.
    Completely disagree with this. I am 27 and am happily partnered. Generally I dress reasonably conservatively but occasionally on a night out I will wear something about more revealing. I do generally stick with the legs or boobs rule however. There's nothing wrong with being comfortable with your figure and feeling sexy without it being your main mission to find a mate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BunInMyOven For This Useful Post:

Rarity  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Too short for the street/work?
    It's not too short, for street work

*runs a million miles and ducks for cover after making bad joke*

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (27-05-2013),babycart  (27-05-2013),dancingchipmunk  (27-05-2013),moongazer  (27-05-2013),Rarity  (27-05-2013),SassyMummy  (28-05-2013),Twoalready  (29-05-2013),VicPark  (28-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I agree in essence with VicPark, a majority of people who dress skimpily do it for attention. It's a fact of life that if you put your body on show, you get looked at. Plain and simple.

I'm 30 and I will on occasion wear a low cut top if I'm going out somewhere nice with my husband or friends and its because I feel good and I know people will look at me and there's nothing with that in my mind. As a mum I don't often feel sexy and low cut top makes me feel sexy.

To say that women should be able to dress in short shorts with their bums hanging out and nipples about to fall out their tops and not get stared at, is unrealistic.

Ill put this out there... If a guy was wearing short shorts with his package about to pop out we would all be offended and would want to call the police for indecent exposure, would we not!?

Why then should it be acceptable for a woman to pretty much expose their genit*ls?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can see where VP is coming from with this - it's about the unnecessary sexualisation of (in this, like most cases) the young girl. While the cover up is somewhat appropriate for the context, the producers could easily have chosen an outfit that was equally 'cool' but 2 inches longer - or involved a skirt/shorts......but they didn't. They chose the option of barley covered bits.

I also think it is fair to say that most women do dress for attraction or attention - otherwise, we'd all be walking around in potato sacks.

And if we aren't dressing for men, i think we often dress for other women. we want to wear something that is more fashionable or more flattering.

Not every woman, not every single time we go out. I don't go to mother's group trying to one-up the other mums. But If I'm 'dressing up' and 'choosing an oufit" I want to look nice and be admired. It's a great confidence boost to get a second look!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to babycart For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (27-05-2013)