+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    What really gets my goat about this thread is that not one person has commented or liked my extremely funny and witty post.

it takes people like me at least 2 seconds to come up with something like that...and not even a like? Really? I think I'll have to chuck on my bikini to get some attention around here.

By the way, it is normal to read and read a thread to see if you have had a like. And it is normal to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

go on.

look back through the thread.

i know you want to!
    Hehe, did a thanks on this one though

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

moosey  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    That just makes no sense.

At 18 I dressed for comfort/I liked the style. I was engaged to DF.
    At 20 I dressed for comfort/I liked the style. I was engaged to DF.
    At 23 I dress for comfort/I like the style. I'm still engaged to DF.
    At 40 I imagine I'll still dress for comfort/because I like the style. I imagine I'll be married to DF.

If you feel threatened by women dressed in short/tight clothes, that's not their fault, that's an issue with you and/or your relationship.
    I certainly am not trying to attract a partner. I have one. My dress sense has nothing to do with anyone but me and my comfort/likes.
    I never said my theory applied to 100% of the population. As a woman who was engaged at 18 Id say that you were in the minority and as a result weren't a real strong candidate for my theory.

You don't have to agree with me, I don't care. But I have not changed my mind. I think that the majority of young *non married/engaged* girls who dress scantily are trying to pull a bit of action. You just have to look at the 20 inch stilettos that accompany the bum eating dresses to know comfort isn't their primary objective.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Haven't read through the replies yet, but I don't see a problem with it.. In Summer Bay it would be acceptable for her to just wear a bikini wouldn't it? It's a beachy place..

Clothes don't phase me, I am huge and don't wear it, but have lived on the same street as a beach and saw people wearing stuff like that everyday, well when warm anyway.. If someone's comfy wearing little clothing, more power to em!

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I never said my theory applied to 100% of the population. As a woman who was engaged at 18 Id say that you were in the minority and as a result weren't a real strong candidate for my theory.

You don't have to agree with me, I don't care. But I have not changed my mind. I think that the majority of young *non married/engaged* girls who dress scantily are trying to pull a bit of action. You just have to look at the 20 inch stilettos that accompany the bum eating dresses to know comfort isn't their primary objective.
    You are generalising a fair bit though. I wasn't married until 27, I wear stillettos the majority of my work days (and if going out, but not just to pick the kids up from school).

I maintain, it's dangerous to assume what a majority does or why they do it, just because of what you know about a minority of any group.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have many issues with the "appropriateness" of home and away (given its time slot). What this character is wearing isn't one of them!
    I hate girls calling each other names based on what they wear. In my eyes you can wear what you want. I will admit that I often think "oh she must be cold!" or "I wish I had that confidence"

In relation to the "teenage girls wear next to nothing to entice men" discussion, I really think not! Most teenage girls want to fit in, not be singled out. So the clothes they wear is based on what others wear.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

Meg2  (27-05-2013),Mod-pegasus  (26-05-2013),Rarity  (26-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    I'm a very big advocate for people being allowed to wear what ever they feel comfortable wearing without being put down for it, I even said it in this thread!
    The thing I don't get, is why it's ok for certain people to show off their cleavage, but someone like me who has nice legs can't show them off? That its 'nasty' 's*anky' 'tacky' 'cheap' etc etc etc. I believe it's all in the same basket of eggs.
    Cleavage cops the same flack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it looks tacky but each to their own. I wouldn't wander around with my vag on show but her choice!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    What really gets my goat about this thread is that not one person has commented or liked my extremely funny and witty post.

it takes people like me at least 2 seconds to come up with something like that...and not even a like? Really? I think I'll have to chuck on my bikini to get some attention around here.

By the way, it is normal to read and read a thread to see if you have had a like. And it is normal to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

go on.

look back through the thread.

i know you want to!
    Lol I too threw in an Alf quote noone noticed! Thread just got serious

Look, I must admit back in my single days I definitely dressed a little more for attracting guys. But in saying that I still like to look really nice if I go out, not for attention but for me (and for a chance to let DH know what he's got lol).. Now 30 and intend to continue until I can
    I will wear tight clothing or short stuff but not so short you can see what I ate for breakkie. Mainly because I don't have the legs for it these days!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

moosey  (27-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    Cleavage cops the same flack.
    So you feel the same way about cleavage that you do about short shorts and short skirts/dresses?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    You are generalising a fair bit though. I wasn't married until 27, I wear stillettos the majority of my work days (and if going out, but not just to pick the kids up from school).

I maintain, it's dangerous to assume what a majority does or why they do it, just because of what you know about a minority of any group.....
    I get what you're saying when generalising mistakes can be made.

To clarify my theory is based on a culmination of factors, eg:
    - young +
    - not engaged/married +
    - scantily dressed +
    - stilleto's +
    Out nightclubbing
    = *Likely* looking for action.

Just because one variable (stilletos) applies to you, doesnt mean you not being on the prowl invalidates my whole theory.