+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The ones from big w are much better than the ones from Kmart/target, they are a lot thicker. The brand is Dickies. I love terry flats! I also have a selection of MCNs though (my little ripple are great and so cheap), I find them much easier when out and about but always use flats at home. I prefer the flats as they NEVER leak and they can be pinned to fit different ways. So cheap and so easy to clean/dry. MCNs were useless for us when she was a newborn. But very easy to clean and dry also.

I use PUL covers though, much prefer them to the plastic pants. And I use wool or fleece covers at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Canningvale aren't made anymore I looked hard for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a whole heap of terry flats when I had DS but hated the plastic pants. I bought 10 my little ripple MCN's and hated the inserts. Now I fold a terry flat and stuff it inside the MCN. I pull it out before I wash it. Super quick to dry. Never had a problem with nappy rash because the fabric in the MCN wicks moisture straight into the terry.
    I also have a lovely stash of itti bitti MCNs (which I love) but with regards to leaks and drying time, my MCN+terry is superior!
    All the best for your baby making!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elleseetee View Post
    I got a whole heap of terry flats when I had DS but hated the plastic pants. I bought 10 my little ripple MCN's and hated the inserts. Now I fold a terry flat and stuff it inside the MCN. I pull it out before I wash it. Super quick to dry. Never had a problem with nappy rash because the fabric in the MCN wicks moisture straight into the terry.
    I also have a lovely stash of itti bitti MCNs (which I love) but with regards to leaks and drying time, my MCN+terry is superior!
    All the best for your baby making!!
    Never thought of that!!!

And I agree with green mama. Flats are better with newborns. Dd1 was in flats till 5mths and dd2 in flats till 5wks. Then My little ripple mcn. I do tho use disposies at night and outings.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 26-05-2013 at 07:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I used terry flats. I bought mine I think from kmart or big w.

I also like prefolds, they're a good in between flats and mcns (like these)
    http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/snappi.html
    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the measurements for the old flat nappies ?
    I am seriously considering just making some out of a flannelette sheet, then I can make them any colour I like :-)
    I remember just using a wollen over nap, instead of the plastic over nap, the plastic ones always use to leave marks on baby's legs.
    I wonder if polor fleece over naps would work out just as well too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Such a shame - they definitely were the best terry flats. I still have some I use as rags 15 years on.
    My bestie's Mum was devastated that she couldn't get them for me - she even went into Myer and asked and the shop assistant laughed at her when she asked for "old fashioned flat nappies". Oh well! The Dickies have held up really well and felt considerably thicker than the Big Softies brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping41more View Post
    What is the measurements for the old flat nappies ?
    I am seriously considering just making some out of a flannelette sheet, then I can make them any colour I like :-)
    I remember just using a wollen over nap, instead of the plastic over nap, the plastic ones always use to leave marks on baby's legs.
    I wonder if polor fleece over naps would work out just as well too
    I use a couple of polar fleece covers that I made myself - they work really well.