Closed Thread
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my appointment with the dr on Monday and things didn't go quite well as planned. But we are going in a different direction. The dr recommended I loose about 10-15kg which I knew was coming. But after further discussion he recommended putting ttc on hold for 8 months get weigh loss surgery and be healthy for a pregnancy. After much discussion with dh my parents and friends who have had the surgery I'm going to go ahead with it. At the moment all the things I've done to get rid of my weight hasn't worked and I am worried about my future health. I don't have any issues now but in 10 years time who knows. And ultimately if that means I get a little one iny arms then ill do anything. I want to be healthy for my husband and future children and right now a year is not too far away.

So.
    I've made the appointment to see a surgeon who has come highly recommended and I'm going to do this.

Our appointment went in a whole other direction but one that I'm confident with

I've been ttc for a very long time now and I wished I had been smarter about my self when I came off the pill 8 years ago.

Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good Luck with the future Lubelu I dont have weight issues so I cant really comment but looking after yourself first seems like the best thing to do and your lil one will follow!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck lubelu with your weightloss surgery. I know a few people who've got lap bands and gastric bypasses. It is a huge lifestyle change and my biggest tip would be to remember that your diet will change. My BIL would still eat more than me and his weightloss hasn't been so successful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck lubelu. It is something you might not want to hear from the doctor but i believe that we will do whatever it takes to make the dream comes true. Keep us informed. Hugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I hope you are enjoying a very cool weekend. Redesigning our garden this weekend has made me find muscles I never knew existed. Haha

My appointment with the gastric surgeon is one week from Monday. Everyone around me is highly supportive and I'm getting excited. Not only that this will increase my baby chances but my future health.

Have a restful weekend xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you all the luck in the world lubelu, is the waiting list for Gastric long?

AFM still waiting on AF to arrive, our appt is next Monday (nurses appt) so wishing my week away!! Also couldnt believe my ears yesterday a friend of mine is able to get a Tummy Tuck for FREE as having children is a medical reason in the eyes of Medicare, yet we who arent able to have kids due to MEDICAL reasons have to pay $11k a pop for the possibility of a child!! The world just isnt fair!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies

I am now 11wks preg through ivf with Pivet. Happy for anyone who wants honest feedback to pm me.

We were pretty happy with our treatment with them over the past 7 months, full respect for nurses and reception,
    but very disappointed with the management and doctor care and can tell you that in hinesite I should have left after getting bfp and starting my own dr/ob treatment and not stayed with them until the 12weeks that they oversee your care.

"We'll hold your hand through..." what a crock, they need to change their moto!

Ahh feel better now.

Lovelys after 8yrs ttc I now believe anything is possible.
    Dare to dream, believe, discover.
    I know how hard your journeys are and with all my heart I wish you all happiness. .. don't give up hope of your dreams. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Sunshinebell! So sorry that your management didn't live up to your expectations I think sometimes once they've done their job they think its done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sunshinebell!!!! It appears everyone has diff experience I hadnt heard too much neg feedback re Pivet.I was thinking about the Post-BFP procedure (getting ahead of myself I know) what usually happens?Caketin only a week to go, you must be sooo excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishnhope - my BFP procedure was blood tests every week to watch the hcg levels starting from 2 weeks after EPU then internal scan at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. Then my 12 week scan I had with my ob.

Yes - 1 more week! I'm having a lot of pre-labour pains for the last week so not sure when it will happen!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (18-06-2013)