Closed Thread
Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I take elevit but never really thought about the individual doses? I've just assumed it's all ok...

Update from me, had my second blood yesterday and things seem to be going ok so far. I am 5 weeks today! Never thought I'd be saying that. I have to have another blood test next Friday 3rd to make sure we're still tracking as we should.

I told my best friend and she asked me about an ob-gyn and said I should book in ASAP as they all fill up really quick? I have no idea about this and thought that concept would give me advice on where to go from here. Any of you ladies have any advice? Is it too early to start looking for ob-gyn? I don't want to get ahead of ourselves and jinx it!!

How is everyone else going? Recovered from Christmas festivities?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dgl - if you have an EDD book an OB. They book out quickly! They'll want you to have a 12w appointment more than likely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgl View Post
    I take elevit but never really thought about the individual doses? I've just assumed it's all ok...

Update from me, had my second blood yesterday and things seem to be going ok so far. I am 5 weeks today! Never thought I'd be saying that. I have to have another blood test next Friday 3rd to make sure we're still tracking as we should.

I told my best friend and she asked me about an ob-gyn and said I should book in ASAP as they all fill up really quick? I have no idea about this and thought that concept would give me advice on where to go from here. Any of you ladies have any advice? Is it too early to start looking for ob-gyn? I don't want to get ahead of ourselves and jinx it!!

How is everyone else going? Recovered from Christmas festivities?
    I booked mine the day I got my BFP, the good ones book quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl you definitely need to book in with an Ob as soon as possible. I know it seems really early and I was afraid about jinxing myself too, but they book out very quickly.

My clinic told me to find one the day they called with the BT results and my Ob wanted to see me for the first time at 9 weeks. I've heard of some ladies booking in as soon as they're in the TWW - sounds ridiculous to me, but if you desperately want a particular Ob then book asap.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice, I'll start calling around tomorrow. Has anyone heard of any good ones? Will I need a referral and will concept give me this?
    Excuse my ignorance but what's an EDD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Estimated due date.

I dont get the whole OB thing? Its just for private patients right? I dont know anyone who used one, all my friends went through midwives?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends whether your going public or private and where you live, I am not 'yet' pregnant (praying I will be soon) and I know I am going with Margo Norman @ Joondalup - she was my FS until a short while ago, so knows my history and I have a few issues that could arise so feel better going with her.
    She has a great reputation.

My best friend went public, she went to Kaleeya in East Freo- if we lived south I would be going there without hesitation. She had complications in her third trimester and they were amazing!!

Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dgl - you'll need a referral if you go private. I just got mine from a GP before my first appointment with my OB. I'd already booked in with OB though.

If you go public you cannot choose which hospital, you have to go to the closest one. I chose to go private at Mercy rather than go to my closest which was Swan Districts.

What area are you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went through an OB, after going through IVF I wanted the attention... My OB is Dr Glenn Lewis, his office is in Subi & he works out of Mercy (Mt Lawley) & St John of God (Subi) I wouldn't fault him in the slightest.

When you ring around ask them their fee so you can compare that aswell.

I saw Dr Donald Clark when Dr Lewis was on holidays, he was lovely, really caring... Both have ultrasound in their office so you get to see bub at every appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caketin Our closest is Swans too, I wish we could afford Private but after IVF its just not possible, we can barely afford to have a second via IVF let alone pay for private care as well.