Closed Thread
Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Yes no known genetic issue. Yes MFI. Thus it is a bit sad to know that i have poor response to the stim drug.
    Which stim drug have you been on? Sometimes it can be as simple as changing your drug regime or dosage which makes all the difference.

I didn't respond anywhere near as well as I thought I would either - First scan I started out with 27 small follicles, and they gradually reduced to only 4 of the appropriate size by EPU (8 eggs collected, only 3 mature enough). I know my FS had me on a low dose because I have polycystic ovaries, but she did say in the end that it would have been safe to increase the dose or change drugs if I was to do another stim cycle.

If a poor response to stim is your only issue (apart from MFI) then hopefully it would be pretty easy to find a solution!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais, it is a difficult situation. DH condition is severe so there is no trial and error. I know that the first IVF is always a try but they can only do the surgery simultaneously. If they find any, it will be small number and thus it is best to use it all. Freezing might lose them. So i am actually hoping more eggs available for the sperms which hopefully give us a better chance.

I am on gonal F, 150 unit. Now they up me to 200. Another scan tmr. Hope another two catch up. FX.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I was on Gonal F 150 and I didn't respond very well. This cycle they have put me on Gonal F 300. Big jump but I'm hoping it will make a big difference

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lashed, did u have ur scan? What is the number like this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only day 1 for me today so wont be starting until I get the results back from my BT and Scan tomorrow. My first cycle when I was on 150 I ended up getting four eggs which all fertilised but only one made it to Transfer day. Really hoping I have bigger numbers this time

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lashed For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! I hope new ones pop out but might not be grow faster than others. They just up my med. i was told that 4 is a minimum number to proceed. Will they cancel? Another scan tmr (last one). Then decision time.
    I had my dose upped & ended up with 11 eggs, that's why the monitor you along the way so they can adjust where needed, I didn't 'feel' my ovaries till the end XXX

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais, it is a difficult situation. DH condition is severe so there is no trial and error. I know that the first IVF is always a try but they can only do the surgery simultaneously. If they find any, it will be small number and thus it is best to use it all. Freezing might lose them. So i am actually hoping more eggs available for the sperms which hopefully give us a better chance.

I am on gonal F, 150 unit. Now they up me to 200. Another scan tmr. Hope another two catch up. FX.
    I was on Gonal 187.5 at the start aswell, was put up to 225 on CD7, my pick up was CD14... My E2 rose very quickly once my does was adjusted :-) I have everything crossed for you XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I was on Gonal 187.5 at the start aswell, was put up to 225 on CD7, my pick up was CD14... My E2 rose very quickly once my does was adjusted :-) I have everything crossed for you XX

Thanks AmyEL. I am hoping it would be the case for me as well. I don't recall. Did you start with 11 or so follicles? or it is low number to start with as well?

They scheduled me EPU on Friday after DH surgery. Well, the FS convinced me that I should go with eggs freezing if nothing is found on DH. But now i have to think about if it is worth $8000+ for freezing them given that it is such a low number. I might well start a new cycle when we have medicare. However, i really hope things change tmr.

In any case, I am afraid that EPU on day 14 is unlikely because the Dr. who will do DH surgery isn't very flexible. Tmr supposes to be my last scan and then trigger so the date of friday. BUT i really hope that they will do it accordingly rather than pushing the entire thing. We come all the way to sydney, few more days don't make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I will say Good luck to everyone in your journey...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello besha, I had my 1st appointment with Dr. Jay natawala few weeks ago at Fertility North let us know how u r going with your doctor. You will have few blood test on your 1st appointment I think, good luck

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app