Closed Thread
Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    You stay with your clinic until you get a heartbeat at your 7weeks scan. Then you move on to your ob.
    At my clinic some of the fs are also ob and they keep spots for the ivf patients from all fs from the clinic.
    My clinic does weekly bt from your bfp to check hormones levels and tell you when you're ready for your scan then you graduate to your ob.
    Exactly this at my clinic, we had our scan thru our clinic at about 7 weeks, make sure you know who you want as your OB ahead of time, the good ones book out really fast, when you get your BFP book straight away, you will probably see them at about 8weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to my OB at 12 weeks and had my last scan at 8 weeks at the FS. But book your OB as soon as you get the BFP confirmation as, like AmyEL said, they all get booked quickly in Perth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Q: do u need to go in full bladder for the ultrasound (to check follicles)? I forget to ask the nurse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Q: do u need to go in full bladder for the ultrasound (to check follicles)? I forget to ask the nurse.
    No bbhope they normally will ask you if you need to empty your bladder before they do the scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome besha. I didnt go to fertility north. I was with pivet for the consult. On our first visit, the FS checked me and DH physically in a separated room. The FS had our basic BT and ultrasound results. Then chatted with us what was next. She ordered few more tests. Then we were scheduled to come back in a month time when the results were back.

It depends on how low the count is and other parameters. ICSI isnt the only answer. One might just need ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was monitored up to 12 wks at my clinic, but I booked in with an Ob and saw her at 9 wks too. I had weekly blood tests at the clinic to check hcg and other hormones were all good, which was very reassuring leading up to a scan at 8wks.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just did the scan, very sad and disappointed. Only 5 follicles and only 3 in good size. No wonder i dont feel bloated. Can i get new ones in few days? But it might be a bit late for the EPU on friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't stress Bbhope. Stay positive. You have five more days for the other two to come to size and more can pop up in that time. I had most of mine develop in the last 6 days before pickup. I ended up on stims for 24 days

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelbel, but new ones might not catch up? Thats what i read. DH surgery is scheduled on friday. I dont mind extending the trip if we have to. Also, Dont know if they will find something and of course i hope they do! I can also do another cycle but not him. The doctor never talks about freezing his if they find them. It will be small number -- just enough for fertilising. Argg....Thats too many variables.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Just did the scan, very sad and disappointed. Only 5 follicles and only 3 in good size. No wonder i dont feel bloated. Can i get new ones in few days? But it might be a bit late for the EPU on friday.
    The last scan I had before EPU only saw 4 good follicles, but they managed to get 8 eggs. Only 3 ended up being mature enough for ICSI, 2 fertilized and I had one as a 3 day transfer. The other didn't make it to blast stage so no frosties for us unfortunately, but my little 6 cell embie is happily baking!

It really depends on how many embies you think you'll need bbhope. Were you planning on getting any tested, or just go straight to transfer?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (09-12-2013)