Closed Thread
Page 46 of 93 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dgl, that is short protocol. Glad to hear that the cooling off period is over. 6 months is better than 2 yrs anon donor wait in WA. But i know how it feels about the waiting. I have been waiting for a full year to finally get this started. If we wait 5 more months we will have priv insurance to help but it isnt doing anybody good. DH prob might be an onset so might only get worse. It is driving me crazy and am not doing well with my job.

Anyway i am put on the long one because they set an ET and DH surgery date. Long protocol is easy for them to control my cycle. Now hoping for good quality eggs and they find swimmers. We dont have donor back up. Too overwhelming for DH so we are going one step at a time. Sniffing synarel at the moment.

We were with Dr J but she didnt provide what we wanted so we went east. Some ladies DH have had good experience with her. She is good with men but isnt very good in following through with women, though.

Let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by bbhope; 16-11-2013 at 11:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still "detoxing" (not sure what else to call it) after our last negative round. The nausea is becoming more intermittent as are the runs. Things seem to be getting better to a degree, so I let my guard down a bit.

And so then today, for the first time in my adult life, I shat myself. Like, I SHAAAAAAT myself. No two ways about it. It wasn't a shart. I mean, it immediately hit the floor and covered everything I was wearing, from the waist down. I knew I was tempting fate when I wore lacy knickers and a dress this morning. These wardrobe choices offered no protection in such a situation. Luckily I was in my kitchen, not out in public.

It was like a scene from Bridesmaids, and so very absolute was my humiliation that I could not move without making matters worse, so I had to alert my husband. At first he didn't believe me, until I yelled to him, "Come in backwards, don't look, throw me a towel, some baby wipes, and we shall never speak of this again." I just threw away everything I was wearing (triple bagged and out into the wheelie bin), scrubbed the entire kitchen with hospital grade antiseptic, and took a loooong shower. I swear my husband is never going to touch me again.

I was mortified for about the first four hours, and wondered whether I might ever be able to laugh at this. Turns out the transition from mortification to hilarity happens at about the 7 hour mark.

So if you're having a bad day, remember, at least you didn't $h1t yourself today.... And if you have the runs, choose granny undies and thick, thick jeans....

And if you *did* $h1t yourself, just wait 7 hours for some perspective. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Sharlie. Hugs.

Advice needed. I heard that royal jelly can improve egg quality. Anybody tried? Where can u get it in perth? I know that it is a bit late with just less than a month away from EPU but thought i would give it a try.
    Last edited by bbhope; 17-11-2013 at 02:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time Sharlie... I hope that's the worst of it over for you, book in for a pampering day, give yourself a break, I think you deserve it. Just one thing to add with ur story.., I reckon jeans would have been worse, wet jeans are so hard to get off, imagine being stuck in them, at least with a dress you can get out of it quickly... Anyway I hope your stomach is better XX

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Sharlie  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh god, yes... wet jeans... however a dress has to go over your hear to get off! LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol next time wear a dress with a zip!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's great you are laughing about it sharlie hope you do feel better soon! And the rest of your detox goes well

Bbhope thanks for the info. Fingers crossed dr. J is good for us. We did actually consider of she was the best for us after we found out we'd be doing donor, but we were pretty naive at the beginning if this journey so just went along with things. I've read she is retiring soon? So if this doesn't work and she doesn't follow up etc well, we'll look into another doctor. When you say went east, have you actually moved there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    dgl, ya, read that she is retiring. No, we didn't move to the east. I go east because Dr J isn't willing to operate DH until we have a donor backup. As you might have known that the donor waiting list is 1--2 yr long here in WA. We didn't want to be in the limbo land for that long, ie, waiting 2 yrs to find out if we could have our own biological child. IVF success rate also declines with parternal age so.....Good that we didn't wait here. We might never get to have her to operate in 2 yrs time due to her retirement. In addition, she gave us zero chance for the operation so DH can't justify why he wants to go through all the pain for nothing.

We found a Dr in the east (recommeded by others on BH) who is willing to operate DH with the latest technique. Dr J is great but her surgery skill works well with obstructive cases only. The Dr in the east gave us ~50% chance so we are giving it a go and hope for the miracle. The rate is consistent to what I read on the medical journals so we are glad that we got second opinion. The operation is ~a month away and I am now on the long down cycle for it. Hope for a christmas and birthday present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlie, hope you feel better today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlie that is a great story, glad you can laugh about it now.

We had our first scan this morning, wife's follicles are going bananas 13 over 14mm biggest is 22mm. Waiting to hear back from the coordinator to see what's next. They've given her the other drug that stops ovulation and we have our trigger shot at home now.

There is one day this week that I am busy at work, recon it's odds on that will be egg collection day.

Also not sure how you balance the emotions of trying, but knowing the success rate is lower than 50%. Kinda depressing.