Closed Thread
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brookeb View Post
    Well have had a horrible cycle this far, why not more bad news :-(

had egg pick up on Friday and got 9 eggs came around from the op and reacted to the anesthetic and vomited for several hours.... Joy

that night I was all by myself and suffered the most horrendous shoulder pain I couldn't sleep at all but it eased off by mid day.

Here I am on Monday still quite tender when last time I recovered rather quickly (24 hrs)

Noe to my embryo results. 4 fertilised with ICSI. 1 abnormal so left with three, not the end of the world but disappointed. Now on day 3 I have 1 x 5 cell embryo and 2 x 6 embryo. Have been told they are not looking the best with lots of fragmentation.

I have a spare embryo from my last failed cycle. Am wondering whether to use that or have a break and try a fet in a month or two.

Gone into this very positive that it would work at some point and now feel like the end of the world has come.

Sorry for the poor me post, just needing to vent.
    Sorry for the bad run your having, its geart breaking to hear. We put our heart and souls into this and when it goes pear shaped It kills a small part of us. Hoping your embies improve.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

brookeb  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fragmentation is not the end of the world. I corresponded with a few women when I only had one 3 cell day 3 embryo to transfer out of 5 eggs. One commented, she transferred a fragmented 3 cell day 3 embryo who was currently playing in the next room. My 3 cell was picture perfect but had no result. This is a far from a perfect science. Hang in there Brooke, you have 3 embryos which is great. You might also consider transferring one of your six cells and the singleton left from your last cycle together. That way you are giving yourself and your current embryos your best shot.

Please don't feel bad about a "poor me" post, it sounds like a tough pick-up experience and you definitely need to get some support at those times.

Re the flare antagonist. It is like a normal antagonist cycle which is basically orgalutran, gonal, ovidrel. With a flare cycle, they prime the oestrogen response first with synarel or something similar. I took synarel for 3 days to prime, then started the gonal as well. The synarel was continued as ovulation prevention instead of orgalutran and then ovidrel as the trigger. I went from 2 follies on a normal antagonist cycle to 5 follies with the flare cycle. It is complicated by the fact that I'd been taking DHEA for 6 months by the time I tried the flare cycle and had, had a couple of months off so I have no idea what impact those things might have had.
    Last edited by Net3811; 03-06-2013 at 13:54.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

brookeb  (03-06-2013),Wishnhope  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies.

Unfortunately they will not let me transfer more than 1 embryo as this is only my 2nd attempt, and they have to be day 5 or 6 blasts, no early transfers. I would love to be able to give them all a chance :-)

Seems silly that I Can't do what I want but there's not much I can do about it at this stage.

Hoping against hope that at least one holds on and grows for transfer on Wednesday. If not i will probably use my spare one and pray to the heavens :-)

I really like my clinic and its convenient to get to, but if this one fails I want to see what they suggest and might change.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We all have this poor me moment. I am glad to see so many women being so supportive on this forum. Stay strong brookeb.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

brookeb  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Brooke, your clinic is a bit harsh. early transfers are always indicated if embryos aren't doing well. At least it gives you a chance and sometimes embryos do better if put back in. It isn't unusual for an FS not to let you do what you want. One of the reasons I moved on from my last one. If only they took note of things like that. Well I have everything crossed for you! It definitely makes a difference if a clinic is convenient I think, one less thing to stress about.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

brookeb  (12-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the girls at Fert North, do they give you your drugs at your IVF talk appt or do you have to back again at another date to collect? Im getting very confused. Some places say IVF is scheduled then you call back day 1 of your next cycle for your 21 day appt. Others seem to get drugs at the IVF talk appt and then get to start first day of next cycle. ill shoot someone If I have to wait yet another cycle to get drugs and another one after that to start!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wishnhope, it's been such a long time, but when I did my first fresh cycle at Fert north, they gave you the drugs as u needed them. There were a couple of occasions of them not having them, but they always made a plan for us.

Night!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (04-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the dreaded BMI thing today. I have to get a medical form done for an overseas clinic and he has put me down as being contraindicated for being pregnant as I'm 45 and overweight. He spent a large part of the consult telling me I was almost certain to get pre-eclampsia and then said that women my age trying to get pregnant were playing russian roulette and the barrel went off more than we realised. Finally followed up by telling me some people should just accept things and take more holidays instead. And I get to pay for this! I now have to reprint the form and find a friendlier doctor and do it all again. A hell of a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Net I feel for you! Poor thing.... Hope you get someone better! All the best... xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some dr have no bedside manner of tact. I'm sorry for your terrible experience. I hope you find another dr who will be on your side 😞