Closed Thread
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyDude View Post
    The accountant in me thinks 3 for the price of 1 would be a good deal! My wife disagrees...
    id have to agree with your wife, as amazing as that bargain sounds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyDude View Post
    The accountant in me thinks 3 for the price of 1 would be a good deal! My wife disagrees...

Ya, i would agree with your wife. Funny, my hubby also phrased it similarly. He said 2.

how many eggs are good number per stim?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Ya, i would agree with your wife. Funny, my hubby also phrased it similarly. He said 2.

how many eggs are good number per stim?
    This is such a tough one, most say quality over quantity and the most famous "it only takes one" from other forums between 4 and 10 seems to be a good number.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 8 eggs collected and that was a comfortable number for me - I didn't feel overly bloated or emotional during the stim phase and I recovered very quickly after EPU.

Only 3 of the eggs were mature enough to use for ICSI, 2 fertilized, 1 implanted successfully after a day 3 transfer but the other didn't make it to blast stage. I'm obviously over the moon that one embryo made it all the way through and ended up as a BFP, but it would have been nice to have a few more eggs so we could have had some snow babies.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had 5 collected and 4 were good enough but only 1 survived for transfer which is my little Ruby

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 11 collected, about 10 is the average, 7 of those where mature enough to be ICSIed - all 7 fertilised (we were so lucky for this to happen) -- out of the 7, 1 was transferred back, that is my now 8 month DS & 4 where frozen, 3 at day 5 & 1 at day 6, the other 2 didn't make it...; I just made an appointment for March next year to start FET to start TTC for number 2.

I think it's definitely quality not quantity that you're after, & really only takes 1, any to freeze is a bonus... one of my very close friends had 1 collected & it got all the way thru & is now her 22month old daughter... Every body reacts so differently to the stims so nothing is good or bad, they learn a lot about ur body from each cycle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    We had 11 collected, about 10 is the average, 7 of those where mature enough to be ICSIed - all 7 fertilised (we were so lucky for this to happen) -- out of the 7, 1 was transferred back, that is my now 8 month DS & 4 where frozen, 3 at day 5 & 1 at day 6, the other 2 didn't make it...; I just made an appointment for March next year to start FET to start TTC for number 2.

I think it's definitely quality not quantity that you're after, & really only takes 1, any to freeze is a bonus... one of my very close friends had 1 collected & it got all the way thru & is now her 22month old daughter... Every body reacts so differently to the stims so nothing is good or bad, they learn a lot about ur body from each cycle.
    Oh best of luck Amy for next March! We're trying to decide when we'll go for number 2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks :-) I had booked for Feb, when DS is 1 but it got moved to March, I reckon by then I'll be clucky as hell, my brothers GF is due in Feb & so is one of my besties... Didn't want to get to then & not be a let an appointment for 3 months!

In saying all that though, I'm going to get my AMH level check this week & if it's low I'll be changing the appointment to ASAP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck Amy!! Maybe ill see you in the 2014 cycle threads

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am stress because this is the first try and i dont know how my body is going to react and whether there will be any good eggs. I feel like everything have to be right. In the best case scenario which i hope, they find swimmers. This will be the only chance to get the eggs fertilized etc. It is unlikely that there will be any swimmer to freeze, the urologist said. Also this is an one off surgery for DH. It would be ideal to use whatever number of swimmers they find. So many unknowns at this point.

Apparently, cryopreserve for eggs is no longer in an experimental stage. Many ppl on BH advised to use fresh but FS wanted me to think ahead in worst case scenario and encouraged to do so. Cost is $8k. Anybody has an opinion on this since the lift of the experimental stage? Success story?