Closed Thread
Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Atm no idea I have to wait for AF to arrive and then at least one full cycle before we're allowed. Depending on my cycle lengths, it could be a few months. Im aiming for Jan 2014
    Ah....it is such a pain for the wait. Since it is FET, why the needs of waiting it out? If it is a fresh cycle, it makes sense to wait a little.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Booboo, thanks for asking.
    So they will start me with birth control pill once AF arrives in Nov. Then, stimming. I am still very confused with the detail but the nurse will guide me through.

Hmmm....so i haven't done the pervic ultrasound. This should have been ordered during my first FS visit here at Pivet. I was tipped off here at BH to ask them to do it. But the FS just didn't want to order it even though I pushed. How important is this? I don't have time this week at work to make a detour to get referral from the GP but if it is necessary, I'll have to find an excuse. It is either this week or forget about it due to me starting the cycle in two weeks time.

Nvb....i think the FS was talking about you when she mentioned a Perth lady was coming over to the east. I am wondering why you do fresh cycle each time rather than using the frozen eggs from previous EPU? From what i read, fresh certainly is better and frozen doesn't seem to have high success rate for eggs. But the FS tried to convince me that keeping the eggs is the way to go if it is in the worst case scenario and we want to use the donor in the future. Because i am on private health insurance, it will only save $1000+ for not doing the EPU.

Good luck Nvb and booboo next week!
    Last edited by bbhope; 21-10-2013 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Ah....it is such a pain for the wait. Since it is FET, why the needs of waiting it out? If it is a fresh cycle, it makes sense to wait a little.......
    I think that with any miscarriage they want you to wait and let your body heal; physcially and hormally. Having had a D&C my lining is very thin and will take time to return to something where an embie will want to stay! And hormonally I know my system is out of whack and would more than likely be unable to sustain a pregnancy. Its going to suck waiting but Id rather know that we're giving our snow babies the best possible chance and having another BFN will absolutely destroy me right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB -- I didn't have any eggs to freeze I only had 3 eggs at EPU. They all fertilized. Only one Grade A on 5th day, so only one implanted (BFN) and nothing to freeze. Hence whole new cycle. I have my fingers crossed that this cycle my body will produce more eggs....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nvb,they dont keep less than grade A embryo? Reason? Grade B isnt good enough? Ya finger crossed for u!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How/when do they decided how many embryos transfer?

We start next cycle (2 weeks time) so watching you ladies with interest, to get some information.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyDude View Post
    How/when do they decided how many embryos transfer?

We start next cycle (2 weeks time) so watching you ladies with interest, to get some information.
    Sleepy Dude, usually you sign consents before starting thats when my clinic advises how many will be allowed to be transfered. If its your first go and your young (sorry I couldnt find yoir history) they'll only do one embryo.

Hope that helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

SleepyDude  (22-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Sleepy Dude, usually you sign consents before starting thats when my clinic advises how many will be allowed to be transfered. If its your first go and your young (sorry I couldnt find yoir history) they'll only do one embryo.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it does! My wife has the meeting with the coordinator next week, so will probably be covered then. We are both 30 and it's our first go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With that info (sorry if Im mistaken) and with MFI, Im sure they'll only allow one embryo. If you're not successful the first time Im sure you can ask for more than one to go in but you'll have to sign a waiver. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The accountant in me thinks 3 for the price of 1 would be a good deal! My wife disagrees...