Closed Thread
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Biggest hugs Wish xx Sorry I have no answers for your question.

Hi sleepydude, we had a similar situation and we went through Concept. My first cycle was as AmyEl explained which is called a long down regulation cycle. Unfortunately the synarel did not work for me so we cancelled that cycle and then followed an antagonist cycle. That takes roughly 4 weeks and you start daily injections on day 2 of the cycle which are 2 kinds of drugs, concept will require your partner to have ultrasounds to monitor follicle growth and bloods tests to monitor estrogen levels. Once the follicles has grown enough your partner would do a trigger injection the night before egg retrieval. They will retrieve the eggs and we used ICSI to fertilize them with hubby's frozen sperm. They will monitor the growth of the embryos and you can ring the clinic daily to check the progress. Concept mostly do a Day 5 transfer but can do a Day 3 if they think the embryo would be better off. We had a Day 5 transfer and now have a beautiful 3 month old baby girl best of luck - feel free to ask me any questions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

SleepyDude  (04-10-2013),Wishnhope  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks caketin. I guess our biggest concern is the time commitment. Wife's work isn't hugely flexible and I went in this morning for a blood test and was waiting for over an hour and and a half. Sounds like during that 2 week period that you kinda need to write off the morning.

Do you know if they let you do the every second day blood test anywhere else but subiaco?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They used to let you go elsewhere but I'm not entirely sure. I used to get there before they open and they have a waiting list outside you can add your name to. I'd recommend also taking the day or two off after retrieval as well. I went back to work but was so sore so I should have stayed home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, sleepydude. You come to the right place. All ladies here are very knowledgable. I have no yet started a cycle but it already is a lot of work -- going to appointments, calling the nurses, arranging my work schedule, cancelling my business trips and hoping not to get fired. My DH has NOAzoo. To make thing even more complicated, we are going to the east for the treatment because DH needs the mTESE. It is a lot of stress (again, i haven't even started). Both of you need a lot of support......family is important. (Unfortunately, DH still doesn't allow me to talk to my family about it).

caketin and AmyEl, how long is the long down regulated cycle? Any side effect with synarel? Our TESE date is fixed. It seems like DH Dr won't go with my cycle but request it somehow makes the egg pick up magically happens on that date! I was told to call the nurse back and arrange a consult with the gyno for my side of thing. All I know is that they will start me on synarel. The gyno won't be available until later this month. It is good to know the timeline so I know the appointment isn't too late. The receptionist seemed a bit annoyed that DH Dr wanted to go with his TESE date.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Dont know if anyone can help?
    We have just finish initial testing & waiting for our review appoint. Seems DH motility is 7%, morphology is 2%. I know that's very low as they told me the normal limits. All my tests came back fine, does anyone know what the treatment options would be give this? Is there anything the FS can do to improve the quality of sperm? Or do u think they will suggest IVF outright.

Would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks all so much xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pollyrocket Best things to do for DH is get him on Menevit. I had mine on CoQ10 as well and there are things like Macca root and zinc that can also help. Googling is your best friend. FS prob wont suggest much but the natural therapies can work wonders.

As for the IVF they'll most likely proceed with ICSI. Which is the same as IVF but instead of leaving the sperm and egg "do their thing" alone, they insert the sperm into the egg so you have a much better chance of fertilisation. With such poor motility and morphology the chance of getting pregnant doing IUI is much lower.

My DH's numbers were very similar to yours and we were lucky to get 9 embryos to use. We were successful with our first (sadly lost) and have 8 on ice ready for my FET (which are much cheaper)

Which clinic are you with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    so sorry for your miscarriage wishnhope, that's so unfair , welcome sleepydude, our clinic gets us to do bloods/scans from 7-8 in the morning, I try and get there as early as possible as 1st come 1st served. Picked up meds Wed, prob start next week, not sure Im ready now

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I got first assessment appointment at concept with dr Kevin this Tuesday. I want to go for ivf straight but don't know if it is possible or not as m having really long cycles(around 6 months). I am not sure what is going to be at Tuesday and what else I should focus on that day. If anyone has suggestions for me I will appreciate.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Previously have been on clomid for over a year and half with three tablets but didn't worked. They said I am having pcos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really sorry for your loss wishnhope. I have been reading your post since July when we were both start our first cycle and you are such amazing support for a lot of people on here including myself. Really hope it happens for you soon xx

My first cycle in July was a bfn. my DH rang for the results as I was getting BFN all the way through my tww and knew it was a negative. This is our only 'little freezer beneezer' from the that cycle and we are day 2 ATM of gonal f injections for FET. The nurse told us we only had to wait one cycle to start but I waited two as my period was 8 days late after the first cycle. I also have been told no matter what don't test this time as I will have pregnel booster every 3 days after transfer so it will most definelty show a positive poas.
    I was so devastated that the first one didn't work and I am already thinking this one will be the same
    Especially as It is only a 33 cell embryo when they froze it and the fresh one was a 100 cell.
    When they say 'your chances of pregnancy is higher the more cycles you have 'do they mean the fresh cycle and the frozen embryos as well counts as one or every transfer? Sooo confusing

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Becs79 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (05-10-2013)