Closed Thread
Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi wishnhope,

I started at Fert North a couple of years ago and went through the whole process, including the counseling. To be perfectly honest I dont think we got any value from it. I think it is important to be aware of the emotional turmoil ivf has on you but 1 counselling session before you start doesn't really paint the true picture. That clinic has become incredibly busy and I had to constantly follow up and keep them on track in the end. I have changed to FSWA (again, anyone have any feedback on them?). Easier said than done, but try and be patient, ivf tests it big time (especially in the TWW). Perhaps the clinic would consider you sourcing your own counsellor to speed things along? Anyway, hope you all have a good day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about double post! I forgot to say, 5 weeks is ridiculous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Sorry to hear that wishnhope. It is a hit and miss sometime. No matter how many good reviews I heard about one clinic, there are always some bad reviews about it even a particular doctor. So sometime we just have to go with our heart and wish for the best. Can you have a chat about this with your FS? Telling he/she how you feel about not sticking to their procedures?

Oh...i haven't been posting much on this thread. We wasted a month with the wrong info from GP so DH was referred to the urologist. In principle, they should help him but they think we should just go straight to the FS. That's a bad judgement call and now we have to wait until July for the appointment. GPs have very good business here in Australia. All they do is writing referrals. I know that the waiting is the worst............
    bbhope - that happened to us a few years ago, hubby was referred to a urologist. Basically it cost us a fortune and he didn't even find what was wrong with my hubby. It wasn't until last year when we saw Dr Jequier when we actually found out what was wrong, she picked it up straight away!

Wishnhope - that sucks about the waiting times we didn't do any counseling when we went through our cycles. If I can remember correctly I picked up my drugs after my second appointment and started on my next cycle. I actually got through really quickly since we just dropped everything and went to whatever appointment was available. Hope you can get something sorted so you can start sooner.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (31-05-2013),Fingerscrossed79  (19-11-2013),Wishnhope  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good News!!
    I had a big complaint to the clinic and they've managed to squeeze us in to the end of June so I can start in July!!! So freaking excited!!

Anyone had experience with a Sandwich Antagonist Protocol?

Not long now Caketin!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Good News!!
    I had a big complaint to the clinic and they've managed to squeeze us in to the end of June so I can start in July!!! So freaking excited!!

Anyone had experience with a Sandwich Antagonist Protocol?

Not long now Caketin!!
    Oh that's great news Wishnhope! I'm not sure what the sandwich antagonist protocol is, we did an antagonist cycle with orgalutran, puregon (175) and ovidrel trigger.

Only 4 more weeks to go! On weekly appointments now as my fluid levels are on the low side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not surprised Fert North are getting busier. My experience with their counselling is that it gives justification for the fee they charge for it. They still require it even if you've had the legally required counselling elsewhere. There is a legal requirement for counselling but you are not limited to the counsellor available at the clinic, it can be any counsellor qualified for the required fertility counselling. It is Fert North "policy" to require that you have a counselling session with them. The legally required counselling is intended to ensure you are aware of possible issues is using donated material not something you have to "pass" and not something that necessarily prepares you for the emotionality of IVF. Another thing Fertility North do that is annoying is require a mandatory 6 month cooling off period, regardless of your circumstances. That, to me, is excessive when you are coming from another clinic when you've had counselling and been through the mill a few times already. What "cooling off" would you need after 4 cycles?? BBhope you are so right about the hit & miss. I had a terrible time with Dr Ambekar but I know others who've really found her great. Kind of brings home the fact that it is a two-way relationship with your FS and you need to gel for a great experience.

Olive Oil, I've never heard of FSWA, who are they?
    Caketin, Dr Jequier is great in that area of expertise. She's gone back to Concept and I've managed to get a 21 June appt with her. Happy to be going back to my original FS, single middle-aged women isn't her area of interest or speciality but that means she tends to be more amenable to what I've researched and want, whereas Dr Ambekar wasn't co-operative at all.
    Wish - Congrats on getting started a bit sooner. I've never heard of a Sandwich Agonist. I have however done a Flare Antagonist cycle which might be the same. Worked well as far as stimulation goes.

Good luck with the waiting everyone!
    Last edited by Net3811; 31-05-2013 at 13:48.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossed79  (19-11-2013),Wishnhope  (01-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whats a flate antagonist cycle Net3811​?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I hope you have had a restful
    And wonderful weekend. It's alway nice not needing to go to work on a Monday 😀

I have my appointment next Monday and I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about it all. It's taken a long time for me to get to feeling ready again and I'm now feeling more anxious than ever.
    I know it all about not wanting to feel disappointment again. I just hope it starts to all go to plan.

Xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lubelu2 View Post
    Hi all I hope you have had a restful
    And wonderful weekend. It's alway nice not needing to go to work on a Monday ������

I have my appointment next Monday and I'm starting to feel a bit anxious about it all. It's taken a long time for me to get to feeling ready again and I'm now feeling more anxious than ever.
    I know it all about not wanting to feel disappointment again. I just hope it starts to all go to plan.

Xxxxxx
    Good Luck Lu! Ive yet to feel the disappointment of failed cycles but your little one is waiting for you some where, and they cant find you unless you try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well have had a horrible cycle this far, why not more bad news :-(

had egg pick up on Friday and got 9 eggs came around from the op and reacted to the anesthetic and vomited for several hours.... Joy

that night I was all by myself and suffered the most horrendous shoulder pain I couldn't sleep at all but it eased off by mid day.

Here I am on Monday still quite tender when last time I recovered rather quickly (24 hrs)

Noe to my embryo results. 4 fertilised with ICSI. 1 abnormal so left with three, not the end of the world but disappointed. Now on day 3 I have 1 x 5 cell embryo and 2 x 6 embryo. Have been told they are not looking the best with lots of fragmentation.

I have a spare embryo from my last failed cycle. Am wondering whether to use that or have a break and try a fet in a month or two.

Gone into this very positive that it would work at some point and now feel like the end of the world has come.

Sorry for the poor me post, just needing to vent.