Closed Thread
Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bbhope - I didn't have hubby help me during my cycles since he can't stand needles! I wouldn't have asked him to do them for me or be in the room. I found it was less pressure without someone watching me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    bbhope - I didn't have hubby help me during my cycles since he can't stand needles! I wouldn't have asked him to do them for me or be in the room. I found it was less pressure without someone watching me!
    For me, I can't stand even look at the needle when they draw my blood. So I don't know how I am going to handle this when it starts.

What about mental support?

I am going East but have a choice of doing half of the cycle there alone or doing the cycle here until it is time to fly over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had fear of needles too. Took me a while to psych myself up for the first one. As for emotional support, I found bubhub and another girl I was going through it with to be more help than DH. She understood better some of the things that ivf does to us. But yes you could do it urself. Just make sure u are happy to take a sickie if u need it cos there will be days when u want to do nothing but cry and eat chocolate!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kelbel86 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Klong and kelbel for your tests coming up.

I already know 😢 woke up to stupid AF again on BT day! I will still go for my test but won't hurry like I was going to.

I've got one frosty left but think we will do another fresh in January. Good luck to everyone on the journey's. I will be following still but from the background coz I like to see how everyone else goes xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Nezz xx

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    For me, I can't stand even look at the needle when they draw my blood. So I don't know how I am going to handle this when it starts.

What about mental support?

I am going East but have a choice of doing half of the cycle there alone or doing the cycle here until it is time to fly over.
    bbhope - I didn't think I'd be able to do it. It definitely takes a lot to build up the courage to give yourself the first one. Once you have done the first one it gets easier.

As for support my hubby couldn't get his head around how it could be hard for me. He was more concerned about his op and what he had to go through. I found support through bubhub or my friends. Hubby was very supportive he just didn't understand what I was going through. I think he was used to me being such a headstrong and confident person so he thought I'd be the same through the IVF process. My concerns were that I was doing IVF so we could have children. I guess the sad thought in my head which bugged me a little (which was extremely wrong of me to think) was that if I'd met someone else I probably wouldn't have had to do this. But I pushed that away as I wanted to have his children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Nezz.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs Nezz....sorry to hear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by caketin View Post
    Big hugs Nezz xx

bbhope - I didn't think I'd be able to do it. It definitely takes a lot to build up the courage to give yourself the first one. Once you have done the first one it gets easier.

As for support my hubby couldn't get his head around how it could be hard for me. He was more concerned about his op and what he had to go through. I found support through bubhub or my friends. Hubby was very supportive he just didn't understand what I was going through. I think he was used to me being such a headstrong and confident person so he thought I'd be the same through the IVF process. My concerns were that I was doing IVF so we could have children. I guess the sad thought in my head which bugged me a little (which was extremely wrong of me to think) was that if I'd met someone else I probably wouldn't have had to do this. But I pushed that away as I wanted to have his children.
    Hmm...now think about it, maybe if DH does it and I don't look, it might be OK.

You know what caketin, I also have the exact same (bad) thought as you in some occassions. DH still doesn't allow me to talk to my family. He doesn't want to use the donor, which basically denies my right to be a mother. I keep saying that life isn't fair especially both of our siblings do not want to have a baby and yet have them by chance. I am glad that I didn't know about DH corrected undescended testes would potentially cause fertilty problem before we got married. I am not saying that I would break up with him but I am glad that I didn't have to make a hard choice back then. I love him.

Glad that your journey went well.

We are heading to the east because Dr. J doesn't offer us the TESE in the end and she gave us zero chance with the surgery. She also doesn't do mTESE which is the most advance surgery for NOAzoo patient. Thanks to BH, we did a phone consult with an urologist in the east. He is willing to do the mTESE with a good chance of finding sperms (based on DH blood test results) so we are hoping for the best.
    Last edited by bbhope; 14-09-2013 at 23:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Hmm...now think about it, maybe if DH does it and I don't look, it might be OK.

You know what caketin, I also have the exact same (bad) thought as you in some occassions. DH still doesn't allow me to talk to my family. He doesn't want to use the donor, which basically denies my right to be a mother. I keep saying that life isn't fair especially both of our siblings do not want to have a baby and yet have them by chance. I am glad that I didn't know about DH corrected undescended testes would potentially cause fertilty problem before we got married. I am not saying that I would break up with him but I am glad that I didn't have to make a hard choice back then. I love him.

Glad that your journey went well.

We are heading to the east because Dr. J doesn't offer us the TESE in the end and she gave us zero chance with the surgery. She also doesn't do mTESE which is the most advance surgery for NOAzoo patient. Thanks to BH, we did a phone consult with an urologist in the east. He is willing to do the mTESE with a good chance of finding sperms (based on DH blood test results) so we are hoping for the best.
    Best of luck with your new urologist bb xx it's definitely a hard situation to be in isn't it? We had discussed using donors and hubby did take time to come to terms with that but he eventually did when he knew he really wanted a child. I hope you have every success you deserve xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bbhope

I just wanted to tell you that I have just finished my first cycle ever, over East in Sydney, whilst living in Perth. I did everything over the phone, all blood tests and ultra sounds locally, and did my own injections (which I found much easier than I anticipated, and far less painful). I flew over to Sydney with only a day's notice when my last ultrasound showed 3 eggs at perfect size. I did my trigger shot, organised flights and accommodation, then jumped on a plane. It was easy enough that I have just started with Cycle #2. First cycle went very well, but did not result in BFP, so here I go again... best of luck.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nvb123 For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (15-09-2013)