Closed Thread
Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey BooBoo78, things went really well, they got 12eggs and 7 have fertilised Tomorrow I get confirm if all 7 have gone to blastocyst and have an ET tomorrow. The remaining eggs will be frozen . Just so glad that I don't have to do the egg collection for a while now as this time was so painful and took me so much longer to recover
    So good to hear you get to start IVF after your AF. Hopefully the change in dosage and calcium added to the eggs will help. I have my fingers crossed for you
    bbhope so sorry to hear things are on hold too but wishing you all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great nos Spanner hope all went well for ET and that you have 6 remaining. I found ER very painful also I was so sore for about a week, hoping next time not so bad!. Rest up and hope your little one is snuggling in gl and hope the TWW goes quick for you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Spanner80  (20-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spanner - hope everything went well with your ET. Fingers crossed for you

Booboo - good luck for your next cycle

Bbhope - so sorry you've had to put your plans on hold. Make the most of the time with your hubby before you start next year!

AFM - We've had the scare of a lifetime. I had a call on Monday afternoon from the children's hospital saying there was an abnormality on Ruby's Guthrie test for cystic fibrosis. This was just after her CHN checkup where she was just perfect (4.74kgs & 55cm at 7 weeks).

We had to meet a genetic counsellor at 10am yesterday who went through family history (no one we know of who has cystic fibrosis). Ruby then had to have a 'sweat test' to test salt levels as people affected with cystic fibrosis have salty sweat since their bodies can't absorb salt properly. The test involves electrodes to produce sweat which gets absorbed onto pads. The results only take a few hours so by 4pm we knew she is a healthy carrier and not affected.

This means testing for DH & I (at least one of us is a carrier but we think DH's infertility may be caused by it) and possibly our families as well. We had done all the testing recommended to us so hopefully the further testing will show that I'm clear as that's what our other results showed. Apparently DH's results showed he should have further testing for CF but we don't remember being told that (as we agreed to any testing they requested).

Ruby will be absolutely fine until she decides to have children - if she reproduces with another carriers there is a 25% chance their child will be affected.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Spanner80  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Caketin, what a scary day!! Glad Ruby is ok though. At least now she knows for the future.

AFM Dating scan at 2pm, very nervous and excited. Its not a blighted ovum and we see a heart beat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for you Wish!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whishnhope good luck with your scan today.

Caketin what a scare. At least she will know for the future.

A big hi to everyone.

AFM Edward had his needles yesterday and he is now sleeping as he didn't gave a great night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Caketin, i am surprised that your DH wasnt tested for CF. i read everything about azoo ever since DH diagnosis. If i remember correctly, people who are missing vas deferen are CF carrier. Sorry to hear that Ruby got it. Hope no complication and she knows for the future. Hugs.

AFM i am not sure if it is a blessing or a curse. I was actually hoping DH is a CF carrier so that means it would be obstructive azoo (ie missing vas deferen). I know this sounds crazy but the chance of finding sperms in non-obstructive case is very slim. All his genetic tests came clean at this point. Another reason we are putting it on hold
    is that we will get a 2nd opinion in the east. It will take a while. No way we will have the FS here to do the surgery while we were told that the chance is NIL. From what i read, it is more like 50% but we will see what the 2nd opinion say.
    Last edited by bbhope; 21-08-2013 at 18:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck everyone!

We cant just give up hope. Hope you all have good news soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Caketin.... Such a scary thing to go through, wishing you and your family all the best and sending you lists of love 💙💛

I'm currently having an agonising TWW and this time seems so much harder, my hormones feel all over the place and I'm so much moodier than normal, really down and angry 😔... I'm not liking this in myself at all! Good news is we have 5 eggs frozen so overall a great outcome as I don't have to go into hospital again for a while...phew! Has anyone else felt like this after an ET? Is this normal?

Hoping everyone has a fab Friday tomorrow too 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Caketin, glad to hear Ruby will be ok, and she will know for the future. That is such a cute name, luv it Hope your scan went well wishnhope? gl to u too bbhope. Spanner how r u going?