+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Can you please talk some sense into my 37 year-old newly single friend?

Because I can't!

My friend has recently separated from her husband at the age of 37, and as unfortunate as it is she seems to think she is doomed to spinsterhood because 'men don't find older women attractive'.

Firstly, yes I did roll my eyes with extra exaggeration. I did advise her that it is possible to be very happy without a man for which she *agreed* <sigh>.

Anyway, I told her that 37 is young for starters, and that in fact many men find women if all ages attractive and that 37 is hardly *older*!

I said she should come here for some reassurance. I'm hoping bubhub isn't ageist!

I hope this makes sense I've had a wine or two.

Do men find *older* women in attractive (the men who are worth it)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dp's brother is 36 and is with a woman 10 years older than him (maybe older but I know shes late 40's) who also has kids and grandkids.. 37 is not too old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    My dp's brother is 36 and is with a woman 10 years older than him (maybe older but I know shes late 40's) who also has kids and grandkids.. 37 is not too old
    Thank you! I know. And go her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DH is ten years younger than me and I had DS at 39 , 37 is still young!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (25-05-2013),HugsBunny  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it kind of goes without saying - if a man only wants to be with someone much younger than him, then what kind of relationship is that going to be?

The thing I have come to accept though, is that any man my age (early 30s) who would make a good partner is already partnered - with someone else. If he's not then there's probably a good reason! So I think she should embrace spinsterhood as it really is freakin awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    Well it kind of goes without saying - if a man only wants to be with someone much younger than him, then what kind of relationship is that going to be?

The thing I have come to accept though, is that any man my age (early 30s) who would make a good partner is already partnered - with someone else. If he's not then there's probably a good reason! So I think she should embrace spinsterhood as it really is freakin awesome.
    I know! It is! I've never been so powerful in myself! And key me tell ya, I had the power! With men that is! But I'm so much more confident now in my sexuality yet I was more sexy at 25... Hard to explain but I dono, I can't *make* people see it, because it comes from experiencing it.

Lol my (ex) MIL just dropped by and had a wine with us.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post

oh no wait! I came to say that it's not really true the good men are all taken by our age! People separate for all sorts of reasons, not just the duds!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

free_babe5  (25-05-2013)