+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default NRAS rental - much cheaper

Hi all!! Just thought I'd post in here as I just applied and was accepted to rent a brand new unit that was built as part of this scheme.

Basically if you meet the eligibility you can apply for any NRAS property. The place I got has market rental of $320 but I'm getting it for $260 a week and I still get rent assistance from CL.

The owners of the property get tax free incentives to buy into the scheme (I believe). You apply like any rental and they choose in the same way but the bonus is only people who've been approved through NRAS can apply. I was getting knocked back on every rental until I applied for this.

I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't heard of it.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 25-05-2013 at 14:41.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ive seen these advertised and looked through one last week and the place was full of people looking to rent it. So thats the only downfall is that you will have lots of competition! But great if u get it!! We ended up getting approved for a new place yesterday tho and we were the only people at the inspection!! ( Not nras)

Congrats OP. Ive heard they are generally long term rentals too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awesome I have friends that have rented through this scheme lucky for me I'm already getting a very good rent deal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're currently living in an NRAS. So glad we stumbled upon this place when looking at rentals last year because we had no idea about the scheme!

ETA: The property has to stay NRAS for 10 years. So even if the owners sell, the new owners have to keep the property in NRAS for the remainder of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's great!!! I just hadn't even heard of it until a fortnight ago so thought I'd share.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The complex I'm in is mixed NRAS and private so it's not too bad. Some of our neighbours are a bit wild (to put it nicely) but mostly it's good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good work!

Yes we have a few NRAS properties in our area- one block of units in particular frequently has vacancies and is on a main road. Frequent vacancies= the same units available for rent every 3 or 4 months. But there are others that seem quite ok- we even have a brand new highrise that's mostly NRAS. Might be checking them out when my lease comes up- depending on whether or not the agent's being reasonable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you find NRAS rental properties in your area. I'm in the Hunter Valley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by susieq1969 View Post
    How do you find NRAS rental properties in your area. I'm in the Hunter Valley.
    When you search in realestate.com.au type NRAS into the keywords section (I think) in advanced search. That's how mine came up Make sure you jump online & apply for the scheme first though cos they won't accept an application if you're not registered.