+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I drove after about 10 days, but really felt like I could have driven home from the hospital. Provided you feel fine and would be able to react in an emergency you should be ok.

I checked my insurance policy and there isn't anything in there about driving after a c-section. I would like to know where people get this idea from as I haven't found any evidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    1st one I had an auto and did short trips after a week and had to do a 2hr trip on day 10. The driving was fine but the long trip wore me out, bad idea when you should be relaxing and recovering!

This time I had a manual and had organised better support so could avoid driving for the first 2 weeks. Then it was business as usual (a typical week for me involves 500-600km driving just in school runs, activities, groceries etc).

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    At around 3-4 weeks both times.

I could have driven sooner as I had very easy recoveries, but DH was home so I didn't need to.

My OB said to me that it depended on the individuals recovery, and as soon as I could twist and stomp my foot on the break with no pain I could drive.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    After my first csection DH was home and I was so sleep deprived he wouldn't let me drive for nearly 4 weeks... Not that I was going anywhere on my own anyway but he made a point of it.
    second time around I had a newborn in nicu and a toddler at home DH was only off work for 2 weeks... I was driving to and from hospital after a week... There was no option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The midwives at my hospital told me 6 wks because of tac.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 5w post op and haven't yet except short trips up to the shops purely because the pram is too heavy to lift out of the boot. They told me not to lift anything heavier than DD for 6 weeks.
    Once I hit my six weeks I will be off! Can't wait! Hate being reliant on other people. Hospital said as soon as I felt I could do an emergency stop I could drive and obs said there are no legalities to when you can drive post op.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drove within the week of having my last c section, because I didn't have a choice really. I was ok, walking for long periods so soon afterwards was more of an issue. I have kids on my own so I still had to get them to school and stuff.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I drove within 5 days of my first c/section (like others - no choice). My second I held off a bit longer - due to having more supports around.

I had good recoveries both times.

As others have said - there's no specific issue with insurance (same as they don't have a policy you can't drive with a broken arm). Insurance will only be an issue if you go against doctors advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm waiting the full 6 weeks uou may feel good but it's about how the inside is healing which you cannot see!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    .2sssaa'a[!