+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome news! So glad the new doc was so supportive and how exciting that you're already dilated 2cm (maybe more now after your S&S!). Hopefully labour will start soon and your VBAC will go beautifully!

Any VB could end in an emergency CS, definitely worth a try IMO too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Stretched! Lost my plug today so I am hoping birth is not to far away! Cramping and tightening here and there!

How are you going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like things are on their way for you now!!

Not much happening here, BHs are falling into a pattern tonight but they've done this a few times and always fizzle out. Back on the fitball for me!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (03-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Need some encouragement! After a very eventful water breaking incident yesterday afternoon, contractions started 12 hours after which was awesome so hospy told me to get my butt in.

Then they stopped and they won't send me home again :-( cannula is in my hand and ready for antibiotics and basically talk about inducing me via balloon catheter (apparently that is NOT at all pleasant) otherwise it is C- section :-/

Has anyone had one of these catheter things??

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you

I'm so sorry to hear this. I have no experience but all I can suggest is you keep upright and keep walking around or sitting on a fit ball doing some gentle bouncing. Keep yourself as relaxed as you possibly can. Do you have an MP3 player with some nice relaxing music? Have you any experience in yoga? Maybe try some gentle yoga stretches or breathing exercises. I'd even go so far as to act like you're in labour with all of this, focusing on your body and your baby and visualising your baby descending.

Ask your caregivers what the alternatives are. Ask them what the risks and benefits are of each. Don't accept "high risk" or "low risk", ask for figures that way YOU get to make the decision, not them. Even if you chose to put the decision back on them at least YOU are having the choice to do that and it's not being taken out of your hands.

I believe you can do it.

Suggested yoga moves:
    Stand tall in mountain pose. Feet hip distance apart, shoulders up and slightly back. Bottom slightly tucked under and tummy braced slightly. Breath in slowly and as you do raise your arms up to the sides to meet at the top. Exhale as you bring your arms down the front. Repeat as many times as you wish trying to synchronise your arm movements to your breathing.
    If you've done yoga before I would suggest spending time in the hindi squat position. Not very lady-like but it would be great at optimising baby's position!
    squat-malasana.jpg

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    duplicate post
    Last edited by Busy-Bee; 03-06-2013 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced with the catheter (ballon thing). I didn't find it that bad - it was a little uncomfortable when they inserted it (I was only 1cm dilated). Once in though , it was just awkward as it is dangling out so you have to tuck it into your undies - a little bulky :-).

I was left for 12 hours to let it work - during this time i had some cramping but nothing too bad - by the time they checked me in the morning I had dilated to 4-5cm so it was removed and I had my waters ruptured.

If there's anything in particular you want to know about my experience just ask...

Wish you all the best! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FruitBowl View Post
    Need some encouragement! After a very eventful water breaking incident yesterday afternoon, contractions started 12 hours after which was awesome so hospy told me to get my butt in.

Then they stopped and they won't send me home again :-( cannula is in my hand and ready for antibiotics and basically talk about inducing me via balloon catheter (apparently that is NOT at all pleasant) otherwise it is C- section :-/

Has anyone had one of these catheter things??
    Good luck!

Stay upright, keep moving, bouncing, jumping in the spot, anything that's upright and moving. I was on constant fetal monitoring for dd2, but I avoided that bed like the plague!

Another thing, if they do put you on constant monitoring, they showed us how to unplug the cords so I could use the bathroom, so I got dh to unplug me a lot. And I'd walk a lot in the bathroom.

Good luck! Hope you get your vbac!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that sounds so frustrating for you, I hope it doesn't hurt. The Spinning babies website has some moves to help when labour stalls, I'm pretty sure the lunge and the lift+tilt.

If you want to try squatting but don't usually do them, place a birth/fitball between your back and the wall behind you, then lower into the squat. It's good if your hips don't like going into a deep squat or if you have bad knees as you can keep your weight back towards the ball and not forward onto your knees.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The thing with being in the hospital is that it can slow down your labor. You are in an unfamiliar place where you are feeling pressured to perform to their standards I don't know how things are going for you now OP, I sincerely hope that your labor started consistently again. I also can't comment on the foley catheter as I never had it. The best advice I can give is to keep your labor room nice and quiet and try to relax as much as you can. Labor will start again, its just about giving your body time. Good luck OP

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (03-06-2013)