+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Natural induction..

I am currently 38 + 5 weeks pregnant and hoping for a VBAC this time.

My OB won't induce me if I am over and basically has told me that if I don't go into labour naturally one week post due date then he will book me in for a C/S.

So.. For those who tried, what natural induction methods worked for you and if they didn't work what was fun anyway to get your mind off it all?! :-) TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. I'm in the same boat, but I'm only 27 weeks. I'm going to start trying Evening Primrose and Raspberry Tea Leaf once I get to 36 weeks. Desperate to go into natural labor and get my VBAC. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant with DD3 I tried so much (not castor oil!) to induce labour before my VBAC cut off date.
    I used to put 3 EPO tablets internally to ripen the cervix each night, had $ex daily (sometimes 2-3 times) ensuring we both "finished", went for long walks and uphill, did heaps of nipple stimulation and bounced on my fit ball.
    In the end I was just exhausted and it did nothing. I went into spontaneous labour at 40+5 and did have a quick labour though (4 hours from the moment my water broke and contractions started and her being in my arms).

All I can suggest is that although your caregiver may tell you you have a certain date they CANNOT book you in for a c-section without your consent.
    Do some research and tell them you know the statistics and the benefits of having a VBAC over a repeat c-section.
    I was very lucky that my OB really wanted me to have my VBAC and was giving me up until 2 weeks over to go into labour naturally and during that time would do S+S and then ARM, failing that I'd go straight to theatre.

Good luck ladies!
    Last edited by MrsOhara; 25-05-2013 at 08:34.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it was the walking uphill and fitball that did it in the end. 39+3

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was inserting EPR tablets, sex, & bouncing on a fit ball for a week went into labour at 38 weeks delivered 38+2

Have you asked for a stretch & sweep ?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Missy18 For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (25-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No not yet but I plan to ask for a s&s next week! Thanks ladies! Good luck Onion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No S&S! Doctor does not want to until she gets another growth scan on the baby.

She has basically told me to make a decision by Friday (tomorrow) about a CS and a VBAC. I am so confused as I thought I already had?

They have only just now told me I am
    Borderline GDM.... (39 weeks) and I need to come in for CTG monitoring and BSL monitoring if I aim for a VBAC. (My last hospital said I was fine)

Obviously they won't let me go much over my due date nor will they induce me so if a CS anyway if nothing happens naturally.

Then why make a choice by Friday? I am utterly confused! Anyway.... I am onto the clary sage, gutter walking, pineapple and everything else!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I think having a date booked and accepting thats how i would have a baby made me go into labor. I know a vbac is really important to you, but remember you are a wonderful mummy regardless and no matter how this baby arrives will change that.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Lots of walking, moving and being upright.
    I think it also helps to spend time relaxing just by yourself.
    Acupuncture and/or acupressure
    Pregnancy massage
    Sex will also help, without going into the gory details there is something in sperm that helps to soften the cervix.

There's no "letting me" as well! It's your body, your baby, your choice!! Be strong and your own advocate and tell them what you want to do.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

FruitBowl  (30-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you thought of acupuncture for induction? I have heard it works wonders.