+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Hiring exercise equipment?

Has anyone ever hired exercise equipment? I'm thinking of hiring an exercise bike for a month or two, just to keep active during the cold winter months.

I'm a SAHM and DF does shift work so I spend a great deal of time playing solo mummy to my bubba and, with the winter wearing on and the rain, I haven't much chance of getting out for my walk. DS and I go to the park almost daily, but I've been relying on my alone time walking to keep the weight going bye-bye. And I definitely haven't the time to go to the gym!

I figure with a bike I can sit on my butt, get some exercise, and watch my stories, even in the short spans of DS naptime. We live in an apartment though, so buying one isn't an option, but a temporary rental wouldn't be too bad.

Anyone rented before? Who did you rent from? Were they any good? Do you have a rental horror story? I'd like to know which places to avoid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Im interested in this too, we are looking at hiring a treadmill. One of my friends has recommended BeFit Hire, but Im not sure if they are just in SA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you. I was leaning toward radio rentals for the prices alone! They have some pretty good reviews out there too, which is a bonus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing, I'm a gym junkie but swimming classes and being part time at work I just can't get there anymore.

Are the treadmills good quality? Like on part with what you'd get at the gym?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rented a treadmill once a few years ago, it was an exercise machine rental company in Melbourne, can't remember the name. They were fine, picked it up and dropped it off. I was about to go overseas so didn't want to buy, I would probably buy in future though as the rental costs add up. Have you had a look on gumtree? There's usually loads of second hand equipment that may be significantly cheaper than renting plus you can always sell it again later. We bought a crosstrainer when we got back from overseas which I really like as it's no impact

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    i hired a Xtrainer and when the hire period is up i'll be purchasing it. I use it 4-5x a week plus walking when i can and general running around after kids and its all starting to work