+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Weight gain

I weighed my baby this morning and it averaged out to 15g a day. I know cyh say 20-30g a day. I always feed her till content though. I don't know what to do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As long as there's a gain, I'd be happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Agree with above. As long as bub is gaining is all that matters, not all babies are the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's child and youth health that say 20-30 g a day and the midwives from my hospital said the same! She's just put on 120 in 9 days. I'm
    Breast feeding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill see our paediatrician next Thursday hopefully he will make me feel better.
    He did tell me last time not to get caught up on numbers. But I know child and touch will make a fuss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've had a lot of weight gain issues with my Bub due to her having a heart condition. This is what I've learnt and I think it applies to healthy bubs too.
    1. The hospital told me anything from 15-30g per day is average.
    2. Some bubs will do a little one week or two then the following week play catch up and gain more then drop down again.
    3. Feeding for more than 40 or so minutes can (not always) defeat the purpose by burning too many calories. So it's better to stop the feed and feed more often not longer. If that makes sense.
    4. Every baby is different with weight gain. .. but a gain is a gain. If the weight isn't going on or is more like 50g a week then you might like to get some advice.
    5. Mums instinct always knows best!!
    I guess what I'm trying to say is don't stress out. Look at it over a longer period. .. and take advice from pp about at nappies... sunken Fontanelles etc. If Bub is alert and active these are all good signs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coming from a different angle here - my bub put on at least 400gr a week while breastfed. He was born below 50th petcentile but shot off the charts for a while (he's now above 95th percentile). If your bub is gaining it's all good. I must say I sometimes envy those with little bubbies as I trudge with my whopper on my shoulder for what seems like hours to get him to sleep!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Child and youth not touch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter put on no weight for 2 months (10-12 months) and dropped down the charts, but as it was a plateau and not a decline both my gp and paed were not phased. She is putting on weight now I think (I don't weigh her but she looks find to me). I think at that age as long as they aren't losing weight and seem healthy then there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby is already tracking on third percentile so if she drops she might not even be on the chart! 😳