+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 had a decent size party, I think about 40ppl & 10 kids. It was more of a celebration for us though really. We put a full lunch & drinks on and hired a local hall, as our house isn't big enough.

DS2 will be much more low key, it will only be my side of the family invited. ExDH's family never contacted after he left us (even though we had an ok r'ship) and haven't even made an effort to meet DS2. So they sure as sh!t won't be invited to his party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had 2 parties as we were overseas for his actual birthday. Both were pretty low key for us as we have a big family.

So the first one was on his birthday and was an afternoon tea and dinner party at the house we were renting with about 20 people. Relatives and friends that we knew. Had an italian theme for food and a bit of balloons for decorations.

The second party was at home and was a lunch and went all the way to dinner with about 35 people. Had a bit of decorations but lots of food again and had party bags for the kids.

We had a huge party for his christening so wanted it more low key.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We made a cake and had a meal with two friends from Denmark who happened to be on holiday here. We have no family here. Fortunately our mothers group organised a joint party, we all contributed food, my friend made a fab cake and we did a " secret Santa" type thing so each of the 12 kids got a pressie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    We had a low key party in the park with family and a few friends from mothers group for DS1. I made a cake and had some sandwiches, dips, cheese, crackers & fruit for everyone. It was really nice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Low key, family and friends came over for lunch. We ordered a Turkish banquet rather than worry about a BBQ. I made a cake. It was fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest is 1 today we are just having close family coming & we are going to the in laws for dinner - I ordered a lovely cake though for dessert

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I went a little over the top - we had 35 adults and about 12 kids ( ranging from 1-14) and in a big park we used to play in as kids there is a giant stone building called "the castle" which I hired for the day

we had a pirate party ( DS fav rattle as a baby was a pirate) so I had banners and decorations, 100 helium balloons, personalised pirate treasure boxes filled with pirate toys (for the kids) and cool lollies ( for the adults!)

my aunties, sister and I made all the food the night before and that morning and had food warmers all set up, We had prawn toasts, sausage rolls, tuna nuggets, falafels, meat balls , crab cakes, chicken wings, dips, breads, cheeses, chocolate crackles, pirate fairy bread, pirate cookies and DH carved a pirate ship out of a giant watermelon and we filled it with fruit salad, a chocolate fountain and a drinks station

I had his rattle made into a giant pirate cake and I had my 14 year old niece in charge of all the games - pin the patch on the pirate, pass the parcel, eye and spoon race and a huge treasure hunt , as we have a lot of friends with no kids or aunts/uncles with grown up kids we also did the same games - but had the adults or kids parents do them - it was a riot as the kids were cheering on their parents doing the eye and spoon race or treasure hunt! We have tons of videos and photos and had a really great time, I live for throwing parties so I was in my element!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sound so cool, Elijah's Mum!!

We had a rather large party in the park for DD1, complete with all the party games & lolly bags during the day & at night DD1 had a sleep over at Nan's whilst DH and I had a "we've been parents for a year" party with all our friends. So much fun.

Not sure what we'll end up doing for DD2, wouldn't mind it being low key.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (24-05-2013)