+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also a rebate on nannies! We can't afford one but I am sure there are loads who currently use daycare who would get a nanny if they got the $7.5k rebate, which would free up spaces for everyone else.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I have worked at a daycare that does pickups and drop offs. I know it must be hard having to take time off work for sick kids, but I find work hard when parents send kids to kindy sick. It's hard to juggle 23 kids on my own while my assistant is suck cleaning up vomit etc. sometimes it can't be helped I know, but parents that know their child is really unwell (vomiting, diarea, temperatures is what I'm talking about, not a cough or runny nose) and send them anyway... Well it's not fair on their child, or the Childcare workers or the other children in care.
    Absolutely, sick kids at day care is all bad , hence my (only slightly) tongue in cheek suggestion of day quarantine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Absolutely, sick kids at day care is all bad , hence my (only slightly) tongue in cheek suggestion of day quarantine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    That would be fine if they had their own room and own carers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Part time Nanny, gardener, chef, personal trainer, cleaner. Actually I don't need a husband, I need a 1950's wife!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackdomino1 For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (24-05-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    That would be fine if they had their own room and own carers.
    As I said, it was tongue in cheek, and in my op I did say that is my mythical child care quarantine, they would be in cubicles, with nurses.....but please inderstand it is just the stupid musings of a stressed out mum of a sick child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Daycare quarantine here too please. 24 hour, 7 day a week daycare would be nice too for shift workers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    We need longer daycare hours, and weekend hours. I work 9-5.30, officially. Technically, I'm in the salon from 8.30-5.45 at minimum, and I NEED to be there at those times or I don't have time to setup or clean afterwards. DD's school is about 1/2 hour from my work... and I have to drive in peak hour traffic (obviously), meaning that trip is usually longer.

I drop her at school around 7.50am (she starts at 8.25am), but I pick her up from daycare usually right on 6.30pm, when it closes.

I also work some weekends, and I have to rely on DP. DP is not DD's father though, so if we broke up... I'd be screwed. I have nobody to rely on for care, and obviously, I couldn't afford a babysitter/nanny for those days, and in my industry, it's REQUIRED you work weekends (at least 1 day).

Thanks
    Reviews
    As a shift working parent, 24 hour childcare and weekend childcare would make life do much easier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would like just one back-up person!

As far as juggling work and DS, it would really help to have someone to help in the mornings getting him dressed, fed, drop to daycare so I can get off to work easily.

I could really use a cleaner too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (24-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would love a back-up daycare too... I remember my mother had a babysitting ring when I was younger - a group of women who, if you needed a sitter, you'd spread the word and someone would do it. For free. It just mean you were expected to occasionally babysit kids too.

Meh. I'd do it if it meant I wasn't stuck if something happens with DP (like when he travelled for a funeral recently, I got my friend to babysit so I could work Thursday night... at which point she fainted... so I had to come home, and was worried about her!).